Need E-BAY help!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vibes

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a saw listed on E-bay. A guy with 0 feedback and 0 tranactions has run it up to the reserve price. It looks like a scammer. What should I do?

I believe you can cancel his bids and block him as a bidder. I'd hate to miss a sale though. What makes you think he's a scammer? If he pays with PayPal, make sure you only ship to a confirmed shipping address and have a tracking number.

Can we see your listing? Have you thought about sending buddy an email say whats up. I have done that before just to see what their intentions are or to see if they answer. If I dont get an answer then I remove their bid and block them from bidding.

Everybody starts somewhere on ebay. We were all 0 feedback 0 transactions at one time or another. Pay in advance, cash the check and actually make sure it clears. Take MO in before sending or wait for PayPal to confirm the payment. At worst, you file non-paying bidder and get your fees back and relist the saw.

Yea I sent him an E-mail. I'm waiting for a response. His dosea states he's located in the United States. I'll stand by.

I realize everbody starts somewhere, but this guy just bid way over the closest bid and kept going till the reserve was met. I'm not sure how to post an E-bay item. I'm new to selling on E-bay myself.

I would not worry about it, as there are 5 days left. If after that time he is still the high bidder, you can take the next bidder below it. Considering that a 575 XP runs for about $800 new, you will likely get higher bids on it before it closes. Chainsaws and Ebay go together for high used prices.

Nice looking saw.

I wouldn't worry about him.

Wait until the funds clear before you ship the saw. This means that the check hasn't only been deposited but the bank has gotten the money transferred from the buyers account. That should only take a few days.

Anyone's money is as good as another's in my book.

The guy responded and he seems OK. I won't ship until the money shows in my bank account.

From some of the stories I've read from Cisco and others, I don't even trust Pay-Pal verification, until the money is showing in the account that I tranfer funds too. I usually keep a low balance in that account so if something goes wrong its not as big of a loss. I keep my on-line financial stuff in a differant bank than my retirement and main checking just because I'm paranoid.

I know a guy who sold a peice of heavy equipment on-line who got taken. Somehow they broke into his accounts and he lost over 70K. He still had his machine though.

The bidder is doing what I call chipping, some folks bid in increments to find out what the reserve is, or to find out what the highest bid actually is. It does look very suspicious when the "chipper" has -0- transactions.

Paid a lot more than I should have too.

that seems to be the ebay way on mass appeal stuff. Just watched a prince splitter valve go for $83, when in the actual listing is says retail value in their online store of $79.... saw an 11 gpm Barnes pump list at $199, when surplus or northern sell for 120 to 140..... I guess for a seller, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

The serious activity comes in the last few minutes, then you will see what the saw is worth.

k

Back