Need Help with Husky 36

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bighank

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got a Husky 36 that is IMHO an awesome little saw, but it needs a new clutch cover / handguard assembly. On the cover where the chain tension adjustment screw is has a crack in it so the chain will not hold tension b/c the screw slips, and the handguard is completely broke off. this saw was a hand me down twice removed, so I have no idea of the history, all i know is it runs like a scalded Shih Tzu being chased by a Pitbull, and i love it, (though I want to get it a nice MS 361 big brother soon. Anyway, for the replacement parts I need to know the Date of Manufacture and have no idea though heard it might have something to do with serial number mine is 347xxxx, so its really of no help...any advice

You don't need a part number or a new one for that matter.The problem you've got is not new,find a used one the 136,141,36,41,will all work and there may be more.When you get a new one don't tighten the chain so tight and the next one might not break so fast.Loosen you bar nuts,allow the chain to droop somewhat keeping the teeth of the chain inside the bar rails on the bottom of the bar with the bar raised as high as possible,tighten the nuts while holding up on the bar.

You don't need a part number or a new one for that matter.The problem you've got is not new,find a used one the 136,141,36,41,will all work and there may be more.When you get a new one don't tighten the chain so tight and the next one might not break so fast.Loosen you bar nuts,allow the chain to droop somewhat keeping the teeth of the chain inside the bar rails on the bottom of the bar with the bar raised as high as possible,tighten the nuts while holding up on the bar.

Yep, in this case, ebay is your friend. Look here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/husqvarna-141-4...ptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

and here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/41-36-141-136-H...ptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Latest posts

Back