Need help with my stihl 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
broken screw

Right, I think. The way I see it there are 3 adjustment screws. The H adjustment that is for the high speed lean/rich adjustment. The L adjustment that is for idle fuel. And the LA screw that adjusts the throttle linkage on the outside of the carb. The one that has the tip broken off is the L screw.

broke

Right, I think. The way I see it there are 3 adjustment screws. The H adjustment that is for the high speed lean/rich adjustment. The L adjustment that is for idle fuel. And the LA screw that adjusts the throttle linkage on the outside of the carb. The one that has the tip broken off is the L screw.

only thing i can think of w/o seeing it is reverse drill tiny and very carefull not to drill into aluminum body. any sticking up or out at all?

Nope. Brok off flush into the orifice. The hole is only the size of a medium size sewing needle.

Thanks so much for the help and advise all. I guess im going shopping for a new carb.

Finally got around to dumping the OEM turdball 2 screw carb last year.New Walbro cost me $40,thats 40 here in AK.Id be surprised if it cost you more than $30 with duckets left over for a 6-pack refreshment.

ak4195

Finally got around to dumping the OEM turdball 2 screw carb last year.New Walbro cost me $40,thats 40 here in AK.Id be surprised if it cost you more than $30 with duckets left over for a 6-pack refreshment.

ak4195
Are you saying you bought a single screw carb? If so not good...

to the OP - if you buy a new carb, make sure it has both the H and L screws, some new ones only have L adjustment.

Back