Need help with stove pipe installation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it was me.. I would project the horizontal out past the roof/gutterline No sense in making unnecessary roof penetrations. You going up by the gable end? Or is it a hip roof and you will be going past the gutter?
Post us up some photos of where you are planning on poking through the wall.

You can't do that! I wanted to do it, but the weight of 12-15' of double wall pipe is a bunch!! What would support it? You would have a pipe 2.5' in the middle of no where. It has to be braced against your house and the 90 deg bracket lag bolted to your studs for support.

The pipe vents straight out the basement wall, I had to lower the grade on the outside, so I can use the clean out. When I open the access cover on the underside of the pipe a lot of loose creosote falls out from the vertical pipe. I clean the horizontal pipe about every 5 weeks with a wire brush that I have modified with a garden hose. I use the brush on the horizontal pipe that goes thru the wall, I push and pull the brush back and forth from the outside until I think its clean then I vacuum the fallen creosote from the inside of the pipe from inside the stove, not sure how clean this gets the horizontal pipe but that’s the way I do it. I was thinking about putting a T pipe inside at the top 90° with a removable cover for easy cleanout but the salesman said that’s not recommend, ( not sure why ) I am open to any suggestions that might make it easer

stove3.jpg

with the stainless inner wall pipe do NOT use a wire brush ! there are special brushes just for that pipe

I use the wire brush with the garden hose to clean the horizontal pipe ( black pipe ) and a plastic brush to clean the vertical pipe.

Back