need info and parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cetusd

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently pulled out a saw that my dad left me after he passed away. I would like to rebuild, but can't find a model number,it's an old homelite,weighs a ton, all I can find are the letters c7g on the air filter cover and crank housing, any help will be appreciated.

It could be either the C7 or the C 71 or C72 ( last made in 1982).
I have some parts and the illustrated Parts Book.

Thanks
Bill Walcott

Last edited by a moderator:
homelite parts and number

This is the first old saw that i have worked on, are the numbers on a tag or stamped somewhere, the part that i need is the cup that the cranking dogs fit in. If you have one or know where i could find one, please let me know how to get it. Is there any way i could get a copy of that parts list ? I would truly appreciate any help i could get.

old saws

I have some parts for the C7 if that is what model it is. 166 dolmarnp.

C7 parts

I don't have a clue what model it is , the only thing i know is it's heavy. it's a homelite and it has C7G written on it. Is there anywhere i could find a picture of this thing?

You may want to look at the chainsaw collectors corner website. There are somtimes pictures of certain models in there under the respective manufacturer

Thanks HiOctane, I could'nt think of the adress. These old homeys are tough, I have an old c-72 in my collection, I use it every chance I get. It will raise the eyebrows of people whom are not around saws much.

I didn't expect this much help with this project, everyone seems so helpful, glad i joined a group like this. THANKS!!!!!!

Back