Need info on Remington SL-5 Logmaster chainsaw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ji Simmons

Reaction score
Hello everyone. ^_^

I recently found the afforementioned chainsaw in the junk pile at work. It was barless, but otherwise in decent shape. I cleaned out the carb, put new gas in it, and it fired right up, spitting sparks and all. I have a few questions about it...

1) engine displacment?

2) engine HP?

3) no- load RPM?

4) when were they made?

5) about how much is it worth?

I have spend the weekend looking online for information, and have found absolutly nothing. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

i have one of those in my collection. it is a good runner. i have never had to tear into it so i do not know what hte displacement is. but as in lines of power it has more than enough. they were made in the mid to late 60's. if it is in good shap i would say it would be worth 60-70 at the absolute most.

Well, the reason I asked about all the engine specs was (you're probably gonna kill me) because I want to make a "Goped" with it. Yeah, yeah... it's a classic 'n all, but it doesn't have a bar, is heavy as hell, and, well... collecting chainsaws just isn't my thing. :)

As I said, you'll probably string me up by my ears for even thinking about desecrating an antique, but if it's only worth 60- 70... I may as well have some fun with it! :D

Remington SL-5 chain saw manufactured 1958.
5.0 cu. in. engine displacement rated about 3.5 hp
Operating RPM was about 7500 rpm
free speed up to 9000 but watch for pieces to start flying off. They would not have much value as there is no parts source any more other than dealers that still have some parts on the shelf.
Mike

Excellent! That should do quite nicely! Thanks for the info. :) Dare I post pics when I'm done? *fires up the TIG welder*

Back