Need new chip truck - selling old one and chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arbor pro

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So, now that I've run my new vermeer 1800 chipper, it is quite obvious that I am going to need a bigger chip truck. I would like to find a used forestry truck that has had the boom removed. I would like to build a platform to carry my mini skid between the cab of the truck and the chip box like I currently do with my 1-ton chip truck (see attachment). Anyone know of one for sale or where I could find one?

Also, if anyone is interested in the bandit chipper or chip truck in the photo, send me a pm or give me a call at 605-228-9350 and I'll give you more info. Both are in very good condition - I just decided to go to a bigger setup.

Scott

So, now that I've run my new vermeer 1800 chipper, it is quite obvious that I am going to need a bigger chip truck. I would like to find a used forestry truck that has had the boom removed.
Scott

I saw one on treetrader.com. There were like 47 pages to look through. It definitely needed a paint job, but one is out there.

So, now that I've run my new vermeer 1800 chipper, it is quite obvious that I am going to need a bigger chip truck. I would like to find a used forestry truck that has had the boom removed. I would like to build a platform to carry my mini skid between the cab of the truck and the chip box like I currently do with my 1-ton chip truck (see attachment). Anyone know of one for sale or where I could find one?

Also, if anyone is interested in the bandit chipper or chip truck in the photo, send me a pm or give me a call at 605-228-9350 and I'll give you more info. Both are in very good condition - I just decided to go to a bigger setup.

Scott

Wish I was ready to buy one as I know you take care of your stuff. I want a larger chipper (Partner has a 6" Vermeer.) but not quite there yet.

GL with the sale and the hunt for a new truck and congrats on the bigger chipper.

Skid Steer

I have been thinking about how to do this as well. I settled on the idea of making a new trailer for the chipper. The chipper would be mounted sideways on a flatbed trailer so the feed tray faced the curb. The left over trailer would need to be 4 or 5 feet for skid steers. The truck and trailer become a little long though. Your idea with the man cab might be better. My truck has the man cab and it might be wider enough, it is high though, steep ramp angle like said before. Good Luck.

I think if I was going to try to make it so a mini skid could be hauled on a chip truck I would make a door in the side of the box in the back and put it there. That way you still have the full capacity of the truck if you need it.

Back