need P / C kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husqvarna L65

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a L65 and need a P/C kit for it anybody out there know where I can find one? Been searching for one online now for sometime and no luck in finding one. Am I way out of line by considering using a Husqvarna 61 kit for my 65? They both have bore size of 48mm , however the 61 I think has a slightly shorter stroke. Any info would be appreciated .

hey guys thanks for the advice. I might look into doing the light hone and new piston / rings.

The hone isnt the best option for a chrome plated cylinder, because the chrome plating is so thin. If you find aluminum transfer to the cylinder from a friction melted piston, consider using a light acid, like muratic, which is used to clean brick. Apply the acid with a q-tip, and the reaction with the aluminum will turn the tip of the q-tip green as the aluminum dissolves. Work near the sink, wear gloves and wash up with cold water when finished. It may take a couple of applications to remove all the aluminum so take your time.

Back