Need Planting Suggestions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animefangz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My uncle needs trees or bushes that meet these standards
Green all year
Salt Resistant
and grow fast for privacy.
He plans to line his yard with whatever is best. I looked all over the Internet, but i kept finding mixed results. If someone knows what tree or bush best fits this description, please tell me.

My uncle needs trees or bushes that meet these standards
Green all year
Salt Resistant
and grow fast for privacy.
He plans to line his yard with whatever is best. I looked all over the Internet, but i kept finding mixed results. If someone knows what tree or bush best fits this description, please tell me.

Anyone?

Eastern arborvitae has moderate salt tolerance, green all year, you can find it anywhere. You can find some pretty large ones if it's urgent.

There really isn't enough criteria for there to be a "best" answer, I don't really think there would ever be a best answer. A line of Blue Spruces would have high salt tolerance and green year round but wouldn't offer the same level of privacy. Eastern red-cedar would also have better salt tolerance than EA but might be harder to find locally and wouldn't grow as fast.

Best of luck. How about a picture of the area? Do you want a screen or just a few trees?

Even if there isn't a best answer, it's still nice to see options. And what you both recommended will definitely help me in my decision.
Also, anyone who also has a suggestion, please post comments. The more there are the more I can compare.

Latest posts

Back