Need Quick MAC ID help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturelover

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Buddy found two Macs in the junkyard, he said they were bigger than his 10-10.

Said they were in pretty bad shape...

But I had to go look.

Broke the Fiskars in pulling these out of the bin, but for a good cause possibly.

Are they worth bringin home? Don't know what I'd do with them, and just took pictures of the best looking one.

Mainly just curious as to what they are.

The other one is missing the carb, pull rope side cover and wouldn't turn over.

IMG_0485_zps7f12e771.jpg

IMG_0486_zpsbf446adc.jpg

Last edited:
i think your right looks like a 250 to me

i think your right looks like a 250 to me. but their others it might be to turn it over their will be 2 numbers one will have line on it don't want that one other one will be the model.

Does it look like a Super 250?

It doesn't have the one piece air cover that covers the oil hole, but is like the 250 Super pictured on Acres site, with the air filter cover separate from the oil tank...|

Eh, N/M. The regular 250 looks the same also....

Last edited:
The 250 and Super 250 both were model number 600100. The next model number I have listed is 600115 for the 660 (gear drive version of the large frame, front tank saws) and looking through the lists I have, I don't find a 600105.

Turn the saws over and see if there is model number stamped on the bottom of the crank case, this one happens to be a 1-40.

attachment.php

Mark

Gate was shut. :(

If I can get off work on time tomorrow, I'll stop in and check on them...

Are they worth anything, even if it is just a regular 250? I probably wouldn't end up paying more than $15 each or so I would guess for scrap price.

The flat side of the fuel tank by the clutch looks like it may be a super tank.

I think its most like a late production 250, but that model number doesn't match to any saw I can find. As I mentioned before, easily $15 worth of parts.

Latest posts

Back