Need your advice on trailer design

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the best steel we ever got was the Canadian steel. But that Russian stuff was as dirty as I've ever seen. You couldn't but that stuff with a torch 4 inches without a blow out from trash. I hated that steel. It was like rebar in structural shapes.

I am having a school build me a wood hauling/car/utility trailer. So far I have it as 18 ft long, 10,000 lb dual axle, winch bracket on the front, ramps stored on the front so they don't rust underneath. stake pockets all around, led lights protected by steel. The trailer will be made of 1/4 in thick square tubing, and the fenders are made of plate steel so I could drive on them if needed. The tongue will be at a 50* angle. What else could be useful? Or am I leaving anything out? I made it like this because I want to get as much use of the trailer as possible. Obviously be used for firewood gathering, I have 3 driving teenagers so I am sure I will be AAA for the next few years. I will also be hauling quads, motorcycle, and the occasional load of loam and gravel. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.
My buddy has a tilting car trailer, It uses a floor jack to raise and lower the bed, also he has a reciever hitch mounted on the front of the trailer.He has a winch on a 2" reciever that he can plug in if he needs to drag something up onto the trailer. be good for loading logs or the dead in the watter vehicles.

Back