Needum replacement saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashagn

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Awhile back I posted on my Husqvarna 51 that needed repaired. I t was a ebay say that I think I gave $180 for 5 years ago and got used perty dang hard but toasted the jug, piston and looking into about $130 in parts and not looking feasible in rebuilding (maybe later on, everything is in a 5 gal bucket) I have a tree job coming up and needing a 50cc or so replacement. Husqvarna only. 350, 359? I have not been keepin up on the models or numbers. I currently use a 137-16"b/c and a 371xp -24"b/c Needing something in between for a 18-20" b/c but light weight and not over 60cc. Prefer used.

OK, since no one else will answer, I will suggest a 346. I have no idea why that number popped into my head, but since it did...

I would agree, if it wasn't for the mention of a 20" bar. Of course it will do it fine, but it isn't ideal.....:msp_wink:

OK, since no one else will answer, I will suggest a 346. I have no idea why that number popped into my head, but since it did...

well I think I know a guy that fixes them up and sells them on the classifieds on this site.... hum .... his name is.... nmurph maybe yah thats it ....

--get one of nmurphs 346 saws in the classifieds. Just do it.

Then get the parts to rebuild your other saw, nice rainy weekend project.

I would agree, if it wasn't for the mention of a 20" bar. Of course it will do it fine, but it isn't ideal.....:msp_wink:

Nikko maybe I got a good 346 (it did have Muff mod) but it pulled 20 inch bar like no problem. Several have put 3/8 chain on 18 inch and said it is great. I don't see where .325 on a 20 inch would be a problem. The 346 is one of the great saws and will "work for wood".

When I 1st got the ole 51 it had a new jug and piston on it. Within the 1st month I opend the muffler and retuned. Again that was +5 years ago. It pulled a 20" .325 and was well balanced for me and was a great saw. I would love to have another 51 if I could find a power head in very nice condition. Ill start lookin in the classifieds for the 51 or 346.. last time I looked thier was a 394xp that I was droolin over but had to tell myself no

When I 1st got the ole 51 it had a new jug and piston on it. Within the 1st month I opend the muffler and retuned. Again that was +5 years ago. It pulled a 20" .325 and was well balanced for me and was a great saw. I would love to have another 51 if I could find a power head in very nice condition. Ill start lookin in the classifieds for the 51 or 346.. last time I looked thier was a 394xp that I was droolin over but had to tell myself no

Get the 346 and u'll forget the 51 ever existed ... Trust me :hmm3grin2orange:

I have a 346xp and love it but if you want to save a little $$ check out a 353 it even has a little wider power band and magnisium crackcase like the XP saws its about $425

Latest posts

Back