Ness Loop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ-7

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I finally sat down and put the Ness Loop on each end of my climbing line using 5" of parachute cord with the core stripped out, super glue to hold the cord in place while I whipped the rope end, and 5 minute epoxy from the hardware store to glue the whole thing together.

Original instructions from Tom Ness were on the TCI forum: http://www.treeclimbing.com/wwwboard/messages/4939.html

Looks great, is super strong plus I can pull my rope through a micro pully without it hanging at the hitch, thanks Tom!

Added comment: THIS IS NOT FOR LIFE SUPPORT, only for attaching the pull line or pulling a water bottle or small items up into the canopy!

Last edited:
Too bad it wouldn't be strong enough for life support, something like that which could be used for tie-in would be even better! But real handy for routing or sending up a rope with minimal snag. I agree with Kevin, great descriptions and pics!

I put a loop in the end of my 3/8 static line today. I formed the loop with the cover I milked off of the core. I used a Lock Stitch style eye splice and whipped to secure.

This is ONLY for rope installation with throwline. Not for life support.

An eye splice in the end of BlueStreak works great too. I can get the BlueStreak splice thru a micro pulley with no problem.

I made a new kind of “loop” for throwline installation of arborist ropes without an eye splice. This loop can be installed in just a few minutes and costs less than $1.00. Very durable and will pass thru a micro pulley.

This is ONLY for rope installation with throwline. Not for life support.

Latest posts

Back