Never sharpen a chain again!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"... I HAVE NEVER HAD TO CHANGE THE PLUG OR SHARPEN THE CHAIN BUT I AM SURE THIS WOULD MAKE IT PERFORM EVEN BETTER...."

At least he mentions that a sharp chain would make if perform better........even though he never tried it.

For a second, I thought someone else figured out my secret for never having to sharpen.

attachment.php

The work and gasoline some of those guys go through to get a pick up load of wood must be laughable?? Guy down the road stopped by one day to admire my woodpile (see pics over on the firewood forum) and he says,man I found the trick to getting some wood cut. Whats that I ask? I put a new chain on my saw and WOW I can cut wood now he says. I ask, dont you sharpen them? He says Heck no they never cut right when filed or ground so I used to run them two or three years and buy new but now I am going to buy a new one every year.

The guy cuts some wood, heats his old farm house with it, can you imagine after year two on the same chain? good grief!!! All damn day and 5 gallons of fuel to cut 10 pieces of firewood. The final laugh here is the guy works in the tool room at Rockwell. A "machinest" that dont know ding about sharp tools. Guess you can always put bigger motors on the lathes eh?

Back