new 346xp tips over easy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not a problem at ALL in Kentucky!!!

You just set it down with the clutch cover uphill..........and there's ALWAYS an uphill here!!!LOL
Seriously guys, if this is your only issue.....you have no issue!
They are great little saws.
Light, powerful, fast, and most of all, given ANY reasonable care they are RELIABLE!
Maytag should build things as well.

I personally like my 5100 better, but the 346 is still a GREAT little saw.

Mike

Opinions will always vary, but part of the reason I bought the 346xp was that the 5100S didn't handle anywhere close to as well as my 353 in the woods, I could actually just as well use the MS361! :givebeer:

It sure is nice when the biggest complaint about a saw is that it is to light, and thin to keep it standing when not placed on a flat surface. Another option to a kickstand would be to add weight to the recoil/handle side of the saw. I will take the thin, light, falling over saw over the heavy, fat, standing up one though. Take care!

Well said. But actually, mine never fall over when place on a flat surface :)

Never been a problem for me. Remember the 'slim Swedish ass' thing? Haha :laugh:

Has anyone else here used a 346xp for over 10 years? As their primary saw?

I don’t recall having that problem with either of my 346xps but then again, I rarely put them down. On the job you put them back into the sidebox so they don’t get smashed/ runover or grow legs and run away.

Can I put 357xp dogs on my new 346xp without any modification to them? Has anyone done this to stop the saw from tipping over? I think the longer dogs would keep the front of the saw from getting beat up. I put a 18'' sugihara bar on it so I am not concerned with the reduced cutting length of the bar. Thanks to all.

you running .325 or 3/8"? I can't find a sugihara .325 in an 18"

dont worry i cut hard for an hour or two today with my husky 350 set it down for a minute and rolled over too. she was tired!!!!!:laugh:

If the problem bothers someone enough, I wonder if a 'toolless chain adjuster' mechanism could be adapted to the 346. The adjustment mechanism sticks out just enough to keep a 450 from flopping over on its side.

Do the 2153 have the same problem of falling over like the 346?

sugihara bar for 346xp

My part # for my new 346xp for the Sugihara bar in 18'', .325, 058 gauge was ATU-8J45HV. This was taken off the packaging. This takes 72 drive link chains. Hope this helps.

If the problem bothers someone enough, I wonder if a 'toolless chain adjuster' mechanism could be adapted to the 346. The adjustment mechanism sticks out just enough to keep a 450 from flopping over on its side.

My 450 doesn't have the tool-less adjuster and tips easliy, but only if I put it down.

ok I'll be honest - it does bug me that my 346 falls over like it's soused. I've thought of the larger spike thing too, just for that reason.

The last thing I'd do to a 346 is add a larger spike. But if a spike were made
that extended down slightly below the bottom of the saw, it would help.

But like I've said, doesn't bother me at all. I like a slim ass :msp_biggrin:

Back