New bar for Mac 797 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flipjack

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can find a new bar that will fit a Mac 797. I'm looking for a 32" or bigger (I'm going to use it for milling). Incidently this saw is quite a weapon. I had tighten pretty much every screw & bolt on it when I got it. The vibration through the handle is ridiculous! I don't know how loggers ever used this thing.

797 bar

In addtion to Jeff S.,you might try Rupedoggy or Jacob J.I got 2 36"from R.Dougan{Sawking on E-bay}for an sp 125 Mac.Used but in good shape.I may be mistaken,but I think the 797 and sp 125,is the same mount,but I've been wrong before.

Big old 797

From my reference material,the 797 was made from 1967 to 1971.7.5 cu.in[big un].It appears that the first of the series had one of those cursed primer type carbs.And from the drawlings appears to have later went to Tillotson Hl and finally on the 797 Super,a Tillotson Hs.Perhaps the"grandaddy" of the Super Pro 125:) I can't say for sure,but would speculate that about any large McCulloch mount bar,would work.A 30"hard nose is on e-bay,right now.

Back