New bar for MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stein

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I can't see paying $100 for a 25" ES bar and a loop of RSC from my local dealer for my 361 as it won't get used much.

I saw Bailey's has Carlton Premium sprocket tipped 24" bars on sale for $29.95 (backordered until 4/18 though:censored:) and loops of Woodland Pro 30RC or 30RCS for $14.95 which is more in line for my budget for as little as this bar will get used.

It will be used mostly for noodling larger rounds and occasionally for bucking some bigger logs. That said, is the Woodland Pro decent chain? Should I go skip or not if mostly for noodling? It seems that 24" is right on the edge of going either way. I know zip about big wood. I've used my RSC for noodling to date, but my 18" bar sucks for that as I have to cut rounds from both ends. Yeah, I know-if I would have gone with the 20" originally, it wouldn't have been a problem.

Last edited:
I can't see paying $100 for a 25" ES bar and a loop of RSC from my local dealer for my 361 as it won't get used much.

I saw Bailey's has Carlton Premium sprocket tipped 24" bars on sale for $29.95 (backordered until 4/18 though:censored:) and loops of Woodland Pro 30RC or 30RCS for $14.95 which is more in line for my budget for as little as this bar will get used.

It will be used mostly for noodling larger rounds and occasionally for bucking some bigger logs. That said, is the Woodland Pro decent chain? Should I go skip or not if mostly for noodling? It seems that 24" is right on the edge of going either way. I know zip about big wood. I've used my RSC for noodling to date, but my 18" bar sucks for that as I have to cut rounds from both ends. Yeah, I know-if I would have gone with the 20" originally, it wouldn't have been a problem.

Sounds like a good excuse for buying a 460 or even a 660. You will not regret it, once you recover from the expenditure. I think 25' is WAAAAY long for a 361. 18 is just right, like Baby Bear's porridge!

That dealer sounds high, have you shopped around the other Stihl dealers?

I'm in Nebraska.:( We are lucky to have one in town so no, I haven't been able to look around. Even if I could, it would probably still be higher than the Carlton bar.

They also get $32 for a loop of RSC. It's funny, they knocked $10 off MSRP and threw in an extra loop and changed out the E bar for an ES when I bought the saw so I figured that the prices would be pretty good. $65 for a bar and $32 for a 84 link loop is too high, though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back