new boiler purchase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CENTRAL BOILER

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I a new to this, so bear with me, had a outside for 12 years and had leak issues, so i purchase a portage and main bl 28-40 wood and coal with shaker grates.this unit holds 90 gal of water has blower in back that blows hair on top of flame a well as under grates. have not used much wood, it burns hard coal very well. have not had alot of ashes from unit. i have it set at 180 on high side and 170 on low side. i am very pleased with this boiler. did some research and liked what is saw. found another owner about 8 miles from me, we talked and show me his unit was impress with the unit , he had his one heating season, my stove operates a lot difference from my last stove. Over all i am pleased on the operation and wood it burns,well that all for now

I purchased a bl28-40 this year. I had a Woodmaster demo boiler fourteen years. It was made in 1994. I liked the design of Portage and Main. Do you get any liquid out of the ash clean out, like creosote water? Might be wood I am burning standing ash. My woodmaster was way over sized creosote machine.

has blower in back that blows hair on top of flame a well as under grates. have not used much wood, it burns hard coal very well. have not had alot of ashes from unit. i have it set at 180 on high side and 170 on low side. i am very pleased with this boiler. did some research and liked what is saw. found another owner about 8 miles from me, we talked and show me his unit was impress with the unit , he had his one heating season, my stove operates a lot difference from my last stove. Over all i am pleased on the operation and wood it burns,well that all for now

Does the burning hair stink? Where do you get hair in large quantities?

I purchased a bl28-40 this year. I had a Woodmaster demo boiler fourteen years. It was made in 1994. I liked the design of Portage and Main. Do you get any liquid out of the ash clean out, like creosote water? Might be wood I am burning standing ash. My woodmaster was way over sized creosote machine.
i had dark water at ash pan door, i believe it is from manufacturing process, it sweats out residue from steel. boilers operate better when they have to work, cold weather, had same thing with 1st boiler i purchase. you will find that this boiler will not eat wood it is very conserving

Latest posts

Back