New BR600

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohh the jap blowers are too heavy waaaaaah come change my diaper waaah.

EBZ 8001... nuff said.

With a full tank of fuel its a heavy unit but once you cinch down the waist straps and shoulder straps its weightless. The waist straps plus the back pad really lock the blower to your hips / small of your back

The only advantage to the stihls is the pistol grip / trigger throttle. They dont blow as much mulch out of beds. The 8001 is ruthless, it will dethatch a lawn, blow crap right out of the lawn, move piles etc. its a roller blower on your back.

So in turn, if youre looking for a dainty backpack blower that has some finesse and wont blow everything out of a mulch bed, and uproot plants then the stihls cool. If youre a man whos got work to do, who doesnt care about a few extra lbs, and you can use some control to avoid doing damage than the 8001 is for you.

Ive used a 8001 to push me across ice. Im 225, the blowers 25, so 250lbs being pushed across ice by a blowers pretty cool.

BR600 is a goodie for sure. They just did a fuel consumption comparison with the BR600 verses other brand backpack blowers. The BR600 out performed the Redmax EB7001 by 26%, the Redmax EB8001 by 32%, the Shindaiwa 633 RT by 33% and the Echo PB755 by 39%. Average homeowner wouldn't care about those fuel savings but to big landscape companies thats a big savings in fuel cost over time.

As for break in just run it. Never mix your fuel mix any richer than 50:1. The
4-mix engine doesn't like extra oil in the fuel mix...

I know I'm digging up an old thread, but just wanted to comment on this. I find it really strange that in the results of this test:
http://stihlusa.com/br600/
The Echo PB-755 scored lower than the Shindaiwa EB633RT, when they are the exact same blower? Really weird.

I know I'm digging up an old thread, but just wanted to comment on this. I find it really strange that in the results of this test:
http://stihlusa.com/br600/
The Echo PB-755 scored lower than the Shindaiwa EB633RT, when they are the exact same blower? Really weird.

Beats me but then think for a second the BR550 and the BR600 run the exact same motors yet one is putting out alot more power than the other. Are you sure those two blowers your talking about are the same, meaning same fuel system, same everything??

Far as the gas guzzling among blowers go seems Stihl wasn't the one that did the test. They are advertising the tests bigtime though.

http://www.stihlusa.com/pressoffice/releases/blowerssprayers/oct08_BR600.html

They've also sent all the dealers big color banners to hang showing the results of those tests. I really don't care all that much about how much fuel a unit burns. However Mid-Atlantic Stihl sold 54 BR600's to one big landscape outfit in NC. Bought mainly for the fuel savings..

Stihl has never been in the blower game. If you remember Echo started it all. Stihl barely makes a decent saw let alone anything else worth using. Nothing but a name and hype. Screw anything made in the USA anyway. Anything made in Sweden or Japan rules anyday for me. Later!

Screw anything made in the USA ya say, well I guess if your no more than a babysitter it doesn't really matter. Why don't get one of them Sweds or Japs to watch ya kid for ya so you can get out the house more,hehehehe

Beats me but then think for a second the BR550 and the BR600 run the exact same motors yet one is putting out alot more power than the other. Are you sure those two blowers your talking about are the same, meaning same fuel system, same everything??

Far as the gas guzzling among blowers go seems Stihl wasn't the one that did the test. They are advertising the tests bigtime though.

http://www.stihlusa.com/pressoffice/releases/blowerssprayers/oct08_BR600.html

They've also sent all the dealers big color banners to hang showing the results of those tests. I really don't care all that much about how much fuel a unit burns. However Mid-Atlantic Stihl sold 54 BR600's to one big landscape outfit in NC. Bought mainly for the fuel savings..

Yeah, it's the same, except one is red and the other orange/black.

Still an interesting test though. There's no question about it, the 4-cycle engines are quite a bit more fuel efficient. I wish Porsche would have used the Shindaiwa EB8510 instead of the EB633 though.

Ohh the jap blowers are too heavy waaaaaah come change my diaper waaah.

EBZ 8001... nuff said.

With a full tank of fuel its a heavy unit but once you cinch down the waist straps and shoulder straps its weightless. The waist straps plus the back pad really lock the blower to your hips / small of your back

The only advantage to the stihls is the pistol grip / trigger throttle. They dont blow as much mulch out of beds. The 8001 is ruthless, it will dethatch a lawn, blow crap right out of the lawn, move piles etc. its a roller blower on your back.

So in turn, if youre looking for a dainty backpack blower that has some finesse and wont blow everything out of a mulch bed, and uproot plants then the stihls cool. If youre a man whos got work to do, who doesnt care about a few extra lbs, and you can use some control to avoid doing damage than the 8001 is for you.

Ive used a 8001 to push me across ice. Im 225, the blowers 25, so 250lbs being pushed across ice by a blowers pretty cool.

Engine type Strato-Charged 2-Stroke
Cylinder displacement 71.9 cc
Power output 4.4 hp / 3.28 kW
Fuel tank volume 77.7 fl oz / 2.3 lit
Air flow data
Air flow in housing 915 cfm / 25.91 m³/min
Air flow in pipe 685 cfm / 19.4 m³/min
Air Speed 201 mph / 89.86 m/s
Emission, vibration & noise data
Noise emission meas. 77 dB(A)
Overall dimensions
Weight 25.4 lbs / 11.52 kg Warranty
Commercial Warranty 2-year
Homeowner Warranty 2-year
Rental Warranty 90-day

Part Number Description
EBZ8001

Why measure the air flow in the housing, wanna guess,LOLOL

BR600

DISPLACEMENT
64.8 cc (3.95 cu. in.)

ENGINE POWER
3.0 kW (4.0 bhp)

WEIGHT
9.8 kg (21.6 Ibs.)

FUEL CAPACITY
1400 cc (47.3 oz.)

AIR VOLUME

With tube: 1210 m3/h (712 cfm)
Without tube: 1720 m3/h (1012 cfm) AIR VELOCITY
90 m/sec. (201 mph)

SOUND PRESSURE RATING 75 dB(A)
Measured per ANSI B175.2

Last edited:
Yeah, it's the same, except one is red and the other orange/black.

Still an interesting test though. There's no question about it, the 4-cycle engines are quite a bit more fuel efficient. I wish Porsche would have used the Shindaiwa EB8510 instead of the EB633 though.

Don't know what to tell cept one thing, why is Porsche testing small power equipment, any ideas,LOL

Have no idea, maybe it's Stihl's way to truly validate things instead of them saying it. Because as we all know Porsche doesn't make junk. Just some of the best engineered stuff on the planet. Later!

Have no idea, maybe it's Stihl's way to truly validate things instead of them saying it. Because as we all know Porsche doesn't make junk. Just some of the best engineered stuff on the planet. Later!

Good point. I don't think Porsche is gonna favor anyone. The tests are what they are,:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Don't know what to tell cept one thing, why is Porsche testing small power equipment, any ideas,LOL

Maybe Porsche is planning to buy up a handheld equipment company...one that makes fuel efficient blowers:clap: :greenchainsaw: :spam:

Good point. I don't think Porsche is gonna favor anyone. The tests are what they are,:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Sure. I'm not surprised one bit that the BR600 is the most fuel efficient of the ones tested. Actually, I would have been really surprised if it wasn't. But what makes me question the accuracy of their test is what I mentioned in a previous post.

Maybe Porsche is planning to buy up a handheld equipment company...one that makes fuel efficient blowers:clap: :greenchainsaw: :spam:

Sure. I'm not surprised one bit that the BR600 is the most fuel efficient of the ones tested. Actually, I would have been really surprised if it wasn't. But what makes me question the accuracy of their test is what I mentioned in a previous post.

I'm with ya, I don't know why the two you mentioned didn't have the same results. Must remember though the 600 and 550 are about the same blower. Stihl says the 600 is "twicked" to get the power. So its hard to know. I do know the 600 runs around 7200 rpm, the 550 runs around 6500 rpms. Both got the exact same motor.

I hear the 2009 BR600s are a wee bit different with more CFM's than the current models. Any truth to the rumors? I've been waiting to get my hands on a BR600, maybe for a change the wait pays off... Oh, sure, I also hear there's a wee bit more price in them. Another 25.00...

Already got a very powerful backpack, but from what I hear, the BR600 is the way to go. It'll fit in with the rest of my Stihl lineup.

But but but, its tis season to be happy and I get awfull happy doing this,LOLOLOL

Let's look in on Demi at a local Stihl dealership buying Tommie a Christmas present.

Demi: I looking for a suitable present for my .... ah, favorite Stihl salesman. Any ideas?

Stihl Salesman: Well, I'd love to be your favorite Stihl salesman!

Demi: I'd thank you to keep your mind occupied with your own business! My favorite Stihl salesman happens to be Mr. Tommie Hall from Leesburg.

Stihl Salesman: 'Scuse me, maam. I had no idea that you and THE CHAMP had a ..... uh ... relationship.

Demi: Well, perhaps you could do your job and offer a suggestion.

Stihl Salesman: Well, he has every Stihl saw and accessory know to man. I can't imagine what you could get him here.

Demi: Do you have any clothing items?

Stihl Salesman: Yes, maam. He'd look good in this nifty Stihl t-shirt.

Demi: That is far too pedestrian for a man of Mr. Hall's standing.

Stihl Salesman: Oh, wait a minute. Here's a catalog of all the neat, new stuff, I mean apparel items, we offer.

Demi: Oh, look at this bath robe.

Stihl Salesman: Tommie, I mean Mr. Hall, bathes?

Demi: Most certainly he does!

Stihl Salesman: Shall I get that wrapped for you maam?

Demi: Please, that would be helpful.

Stihl Salesman: And, it comes with a 90 day warranty.

Demi: But, it says here a 2 year consumer warranty.

Stihl Salesman: Maam, you can't fool me. Tommie, I mean Mr. Hall, is a pro.

Demi: Indeed he is. 90 days it is.

Joat

I'm with ya, I don't know why the two you mentioned didn't have the same results. Must remember though the 600 and 550 are about the same blower. Stihl says the 600 is "twicked" to get the power. So its hard to know. I do know the 600 runs around 7200 rpm, the 550 runs around 6500 rpms. Both got the exact same motor.

Tommie,

Isn't the difference in the "twick" impellor on the BR600?

I'll be twicked,

Joat

Last edited:
Let's look in on Demi at a local Stihl dealership buying Tommie a Christmas present.

Demi: I looking for a suitable present for my .... ah, favorite Stihl salesman. Any ideas?

Stihl Salesman: Well, I'd love to be your favorite Stihl salesman!

Demi: I'd thank you to keep your mind occupied with your own business! My favorite Stihl salesman happens to be Mr. Tommie Hall from Leesburg.

Stihl Salesman: 'Scuse me, maam. I had no idea that you and THE CHAMP had a ..... uh ... relationship.

Demi: Well, perhaps you could do your job and offer a suggestion.

Stihl Salesman: Well, he has every Stihl saw and accessory know to man. I can't imagine what you could get him here.

Demi: Do you have any clothing items?

Stihl Salesman: Yes, maam. He'd look good in this nifty Stihl t-shirt.

Demi: That is far too pedestrian for a man of Mr. Hall's standing.

Stihl Salesman: Oh, wait a minute. Here's a catalog of all the neat, new stuff, I mean apparel items, we offer.

Demi: Oh, look at this bath robe.

Stihl Salesman: Tommie, I mean Mr. Hall, bathes?

Demi: Most certainly he does!

Stihl Salesman: Shall I get that wrapped for you maam?

Demi: Please, that would be helpful.

Stihl Salesman: And, it comes with a 90 day warranty.

Demi: But, it says here a 2 year consumer warranty.

Stihl Salesman: Maam, you can't fool me. Tommie, I mean Mr. Hall, is a pro.

Demi: Indeed he is. 90 days it is.

Joat

Joat I gotta run your film crew away ,LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Latest posts

Back