New find in woodpile

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Loading up for a delivery. Heard some very weak 'twittering' where I was removing wood. Lifted on piece and a bat flew out. Never found one in a pile before. Time I was done, I had uncovered three of them. Kinda nice and they don't bother me. Maybe I should put up some bat boxes.

Harry K

i have alot of bats flying around my pond in the evenings . and none, i mean not a single bug bite this year that i can remember . h

What a coincidence.

I was loading up a guy"s delivery van this afternoon and had one fly out of my wood pile also. First time for me and just thought it was strange to see your post after it happened to me.

Last edited:
Did a take down the other day, there was a bat box in the tree about 20 feet up. Figured I would sneak a wire between the box and the tree and lower it down with a rope tied to the wire. I knew there where bats in there but didnt expect about 50 of them winged rats to come flying out when I pried the box from the tree.......The whole time I took the tree down It looked like the Munsters house them damn things kept looking for the box in the tree. was pretty exciting. Wish I was tied in but was just there with my spikes and a lanard. Wasn't much I could do when the box came off the tree except watch em fly out. I have taken them out of trees befor but never seen that many in a box. ...My wife works with me and she hates bats, never seen her run so fast in my life. She jumped into the truck and roled up the windows. Good fun.

I had one in my kitchen a week ago.Scared the :censored:eek:ut of me.
I put it in a small trash can and let it go outside.:eek:

Latest posts

Back