New Firewood Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice saw,now you need to throw a 24" on er' once you get used to it you'll never look back.Have smaller 45-50 cc saw for limbin.I have a ported and bb 365 special that is smooth and pulls a 24" with no complaints.
Nice saw.

Nice saw! I love my 372xp, definitely the best purchase ive made. Makes cutting enjoyable, pulls a 24" no problem buried in hardwood. Light and very powerful (not much heavier than my old 455 rancher but almost double the power). If you are thinking about a 372, there should be no thinking involved, just get it! Will not be disappointed the slightest. :rock:

Once you feel the need for something bigger, port it! I just stepped up from a stock MS362 to a ported 365/372xp and I am loving it. Great choice, one of the best and most desireable saws ever made!

Just have the 357xp ported and it'll pull as good or better than a stock 372. :msp_smile:

Not even close.
To test your theroy hang a 36" bar on both saws and start bucking western hemlock 3-5' through. . With a short bar the 357 is a good saw and its hard to utilize what a 372 can and will do with a short bar .. put a 30" bar on the 372 and stand up and enjoy! !!

Make sure it's kept in a safe place,some SOB stole mine about a year ago,hated to lose it.The good thing insurance paid and I got a nice used 288 lite bigger and better saw for $400 on C.List
Nice saw hope you have better luck than I

Whitepine ; you have one of the best Southeast Alaska bushlin saws ever made. Set it up as the Western model , full wrap handle bar and stock western dogs, hang a 32" bar on it and your in the chips. !!!!!!!!!!!

I've had and cut timber with a 371 and several 372 s the western model with the 75ccp+c is the most powerful . I can't tell any difference between it and the 046/460 Stihl. Of which I've had 4or 5 . . A 30" bar is pretty ideal on it. I fell the tree I'm standing on with a 372 with a 32" Oregon bar and chisel ground semi skip 3/8 8tooth . It took me about 4.5 minutes to put it on the ground.
Tho they are only 71-75 CC depending on the model. But I've fell quite a bit of good size timber with them.

As my hero once said... "She's a beaut Clark". Spike is a great asset to this site. New saw rep on its way! Enjoy your new toy. Oops! I mean tool. ;)

Well, after 2 weekends of cutting, this thing is awesome, thinking of going to a 24" bar though. Anyone thinking of going to one or any 70 cc pro grade saw, DO IT! it will make your firewood cutting a ton easier, you will not regret the extra money spent.

Well, after 2 weekends of cutting, this thing is awesome, thinking of going to a 24" bar though. Anyone thinking of going to one or any 70 cc pro grade saw, DO IT! it will make your firewood cutting a ton easier, you will not regret the extra money spent.

I agree whole heartedly.

When i worked for a tree service back in 97 and 98, we used 365 specials. I was the ground/utility guy and learned to love that saw, a year later the boss bought new saws like he did every year for a tax rightoff. I wanted one for firewood, but he made me buy both for 450. One was a brand new backup saw. I still have one of them today. I ran them for years with 18" bars. I upgraded one to a ported 372 and talk about the perfect all around saw... i run a 20" on it, but have a 24 for it every now and then. I have a ton of other saws, but the 372 is the one I grab for 98% of the work i do.

Back