New fish in the trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cannoneer, you are a great addition to this site. I will offer you the same opportunity as Treeman14, only in the Florida Keys. ( I have to mention he offered first!! ) Winter Springs is a beautiful place with lots of beautiful Oaks. My dearest friend lives in Winter Springs and has for 20 years. Have they finished that main road yet?

Oh and be careful in those Washingtonias

welcome and thanx for your service in the milatary ... im one of those older dudes climbing for over 20 years now and learning something new every day my 2 cents ...... ... get yer hands on a port a wrap as soon as money allows ...i went 18 years without one 10 of those i figured it was a sissie device for tech happy tree men ..well i was seriously wrong ... one day i nearly got my head pulled off trying to release tension on a really sappy pine wrap .... figured id give the port a wrap a try ... now i feel so SO dumb for not having one all that time ... youll love it ,lowers huge wood so smooth and no sap on the rope .......... ... have a good one dark ...

Cannoneer, I just got something in the mail you might enjoy. The Florida Chapter Of ISA is offering an educational day at Harry P. Leu Gardens in Orlando, about 25 minutes from you. The topic is Trees and Hurricanes: Preventive and Reactive Strategies. It is taking place on Friday September 9, 2005. The company you work for might send you. Harry P. Leu Gardens is worth the short trip. For questions, call Norm Easey @ 941-342-0153 Cost: $ 155.00- $ 180.00 depending on whether or not your company is a member of ISA.

gracias!

In no particular order:

I wouldn't give up one of my Guatemalan brothers for anything, so no. No "spare" Guatemalans. Heh.

I will definately pick up one of those portawraps as soon as possible. I hate sap, and sap hates me, and it definately hates my rope.

They will never finish SR434 through Winter Springs. It's one of those perpetual headache municipal projects. And you are most certainly correct, they have some large and beautiful oaks around here!

And yes, we are ISA. I'll let my boss know, if she doesn't know already.

No thanks needed, I am glad to have served my country, and shooting machine guns is a reward in and of itself.

Mac

vharrison2 said:
Harry P. Leu Gardens is worth the short trip. : $ 155.00- $ 180.00 .
Leu Gardens is a cool place; tried to get a contract there once; bid cheap just for the working conditions but no dice :cry: ...

Now they're asking $180. for a day's ed.? :blob5:

Hope the chapter gets most of the proceeds, and uses them well.

treeseer said:
Leu Gardens is a cool place; tried to get a contract there once; bid cheap just for the working conditions but no dice :cry: ...

Now they're asking $180. for a day's ed.? :blob5:

Hope the chapter gets most of the proceeds, and uses them well.

$180.00 if you are NOT a member of ISA $ 150.00 if you are. Dr. Gilman will be one of the presenters, as will Bruce Smith, Joe Samnik, Dr. Luley and a few others.

Also, they are giving the same presentation in Plantation, Fl on September 8 that we are sending some of our people to.

Last edited:
Is that where Spydie lives, Orlando?

Boynton Beach, that is where one of our 280's is, at the Bandit shop. 5 hours from here.

The 280 started with a hydraulic switch I think, then John got a bee in his bonnet to change the rollers and just get the whole thing serviced and then repainted. It is driving Sandi and I nuts, trying to pair these guys up. Should get it back by end of this week, I hope. The new one ships on Tuesday out of MI, supposedly.

Latest posts

Back