New guy needs help tuning carbs MS361,670 super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02powerstroke

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Need help tuning carbs on my MS361 and 670 super. Do I need a tach? The 670 has a gutted muffler. Also we are running 50:1 I noticed people are runnin 40:1 around here should I be doing this?

Need help tuning carbs on my MS361 and 670 super. Do I need a tach? The 670 has a gutted muffler. Also we are running 50:1 I noticed people are runnin 40:1 around here should I be doing this?
Experienced sawyers like to tune by ear, but I think a tach is very helpful for the beginning tuner who has an uncalibrated ear.

Tuning instructions at the Madsen site.

50:1 is fine.

We got it tuned real good. but it keeps un adjusting its self. what would cause this? the screw rich ens its self up after about 30mins of cutting. That and I drilled two holes in the muffler housing and with the carb tuned it using a tank of fuel in about 20 mins lol that seems alittle much to me but. As my brother and law said " you cant have a dragster that gets the mpg of a pirius"

Last edited:
Glad it is running well.

The H screw is rattling out (richer) ? Hmmmm....... usually carb screws are spring loaded to dampen vibration and reduce the tendency to auto-rotate. Plus, usually carb screws have an o-ring seal that also provides friction to keep them from rattling out. I personally have never had that problem, so I dunno what to suggest.:confused:

Latest posts

Back