New guy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFortner5

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm a total noob when it comes to saws and nearly every time I would search Google for anything saw related I would end up here. I figured I might as well join.

I'm here because my dad was cleaning out his garage and I happened to be at his house. He had a nearly new weedeater and a chainsaw sitting by the street. He was piling stuff up for people to take. He asked if I wanted them and before he finished they were in my truck.

Maybe the saw would be better off in the trash from what I've read here. It's a Poulan PP3516AVX. It says it's 35cc but looking at the metal tag on the back it says 42cc. It starts and runs on 1 or 2 pulls. Only things are that there is no chain, and if it is left sitting upright it leaks bar oil. I just have it on its side for now until I figure something else out.

But anyway I figured I'd stop in. I'll be here lurking and absorbing information. I have a little yard and only a couple trees to trim but ride four wheelers a lot so it will be nice to clear trails. I also may try to cut some firewood eventually.

Joey

welcome to as :)
thay are not wrong about you getting more saws if you stay on this site :D
when i joined AS i had 2 saws :eek:
now i have 21 at last count:(
cannot have odd number of saws ;)
looking for number 22 now:rolleyes:
good luck with your saw:)

welcome to as :)
thay are not wrong about you getting more saws if you stay on this site :D
when i joined AS i had 2 saws :eek:
now i have 21 at last count:(
cannot have odd number of saws ;)
looking for number 22 now:rolleyes:
good luck with your saw:)
jeff, you can sell me the 064 then you will be back to an even # of saws.:laugh:
welcome to the looney bin joey.:clap:

Howdyhowdy. I think there's more Poulans floating around AS than people care to admit. You'll fit right in.

Latest posts

Back