New Guy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome!

Is the saw set up with .325 or 3/8", and what are you mainly cutting?

I agree with the others that RSC mad RMC are the chains to use - RSC for clean wood, RMC for dirty.

We don't have much more than Lodgepole pine around these parts. I'm a mountain biker and trail builder so I do a lot of the same stuff as Universe, but we have different wood.

Would have loved to pick up a bigger saw so I could rip planks a bit faster, but any extra added weight makes the 2.5 mile, 1500 foot elevation walk in to some of our trails majorly painful!

Welcome to AS!

By the look of the pics you posted, you will do well here. Looks like some really nice work. I run RSC chain and If you keep it in clean wood you'll love it.

I agree with the others that RSC mad RMC are the chains to use - RSC for clean wood, RMC for dirty.

Question: what is considered dirty wood? I'm guessing it's a subjective thing, but how dirty is too dirty for RSC chain?

Here's some more of the stuff I've done over the past couple months:
I've come to the conclusion that something like a 460 or 7900 is in order considering all the ripping I've been doing. All the planks in the first two are freehand ripped with the 260.

Last edited:
Question: what is considered dirty wood? I'm guessing it's a subjective thing, but how dirty is too dirty for RSC chain?

You will soon enough find out how much dirt it takes to dull the RSC faster than you like, and how much RMC slows you down in your wood - no firm rules in my book.

Back