New here, hello everyone!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overtrained

Not crazy, Stoopid!
Reaction score
I recently tore down and rebuilt a early 90's MAC 3516 saw. I know it's not the greatest saw in the world but I did have a lot of fun getting it to run again and now I think I'm hooked and I would like to fix up another one or two.(any brand) Anyway, found this site searching for tech information and thought I would register. You will only find me in the chainsaw section most likely, I'll leave the logging to the professionals. :wink2:

Welcome over

You'll like this site. So many very knowlegeable People on here.
great seach ability to find great detail info on almost every topic.

I recently tore down and rebuilt a early 90's MAC 3516 saw. I know it's not the greatest saw in the world but I did have a lot of fun getting it to run again and now I think I'm hooked and I would like to fix up another one or two.(any brand) Anyway, found this site searching for tech information and thought I would register. You will only find me in the chainsaw section most likely, I'll leave the logging to the professionals. :wink2:

Welcome to the site, you got some new guy rep thrown your way. If you don't mind me asking, what part of NY you from? By the way, don't be ashamed of that saw, any saw you can make live again is a good deal and a good learning experience.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I do love cutting trees down but if I go to town in my backyard I think my wife and the neighbors will choke me out haha. Either way I know where to ask now if I run into a jam with the next project.

Welcome to AS, and congrats on the re-build.

Welcome to the site, you got some new guy rep thrown your way. If you don't mind me asking, what part of NY you from? By the way, don't be ashamed of that saw, any saw you can make live again is a good deal and a good learning experience.

I'm on long island, Nassau county. That MAC is actually a workhorse and has a lot of history behind it, it was my fathers and when it stopped working I didn't want him to throw it out. It's taken down quite a few good sized trees, wasn't a firewood saw. I had to eBay a few parts for it, the local repair shop pointed me in the direction of a hobby shop just for the spark plug being it's so tiny. I got it running and it revs like a SOB, I'm happy with it. May try my luck with a Mini MAC next. Always liked them cause they are mini, the 10" bar is just plain cool. Ill see what I can find on craigslist and eBay. Thanks for the reps btw!

OP.....Welcome to AS!

Good for you breathing new life into one of these little wood destroyers!

It's a shame though.....you'll never be able to watch your REP A's' increase because you're maxed out with only having 3 posts! (those A's to the left under your user name)

Most guys come here looking for help to fix their only saw. After a few years they have 101 saws.....maybe a few less. :hmm3grin2orange:

Most guys come here looking for help to fix their only saw. After a few years they have 101 saws.....maybe a few less. :hmm3grin2orange:

Yeah there is something about a chainsaw that just screams "badass" but I just can't put my finger on it haha. I'm going to need to get a few more.

I also really like circular saws, if I can get my hands on a gas powered homelite xl100 at a reasonable price there is no stopping me:rock:

Thanks for all the reps, can't believe I'm maxed out after 4 posts, you guys are to nice around here:msp_thumbup:

Welcome! Rep sent, good job on the rebuild job:msp_thumbup:

I'm on long island, Nassau county. That MAC is actually a workhorse and has a lot of history behind it, it was my fathers and when it stopped working I didn't want him to throw it out. It's taken down quite a few good sized trees, wasn't a firewood saw. I had to eBay a few parts for it, the local repair shop pointed me in the direction of a hobby shop just for the spark plug being it's so tiny. I got it running and it revs like a SOB, I'm happy with it. May try my luck with a Mini MAC next. Always liked them cause they are mini, the 10" bar is just plain cool. Ill see what I can find on craigslist and eBay. Thanks for the reps btw!

Hey - another Wrong Islander!

Welcome to the asylum!

Especially a Mini-Mac.:laugh:

BTW, there are guys here that can't give those "badass" rascals away fast enough if ya can't find one on CL for 5 bux or so.

Welcome aboard. :cheers:

Poge

Well, IMO if it has an engine it's badass, no matter the size. Mainly want to have one to leave it in my jeep.

I'm up for the challenge of getting one running and I'll try 10 times over before I get it correct, but you will never know that :laugh:

Got a bid on this saw on eBay, complete not running. Anyone on here that put this up for auction?
$(KGrHqZ,!jIE69y2fYteBPZ98Oe9mg~~60_58.JPG

Back