New Husky 372xpw mid to low 140's compression

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rechecked mine a few minutes ago and got just over 160.

Ian

When it gets to 170 enter a bid for Bear Stearns

The Morgans have enough of our dough already......I'd rather have you buy it

Hostile take over with chainsaws.......I feel a movie deal

Last edited:
You arent kidding, I have a 5100 and my gosh, i'm 34 and I wish this thing had a decomp on it. I feel bad for the 7900 owners that dont't have one it would be like pull starting a sportster.

I am 50 and my hands are in pretty bad condition because of arthritis, but I don't feel a need for it - but it takes a good healthy pull ("drop-start"), not a halv-azzed one......

I have never used the decomp on the NE346xp, and have a plug for it.....

Last edited:
You arent kidding, I have a 5100 and my gosh, i'm 34 and I wish this thing had a decomp on it. I feel bad for the 7900 owners that dont't have one it would be like pull starting a sportster.

I try to start mine like the manual says with the toe in the handle whenever possible, first saw I've made a habit of doing this.
:greenchainsaw:

Yeah I was inflating it, just got spoiled by the buttons on my huskies and 036. The only thing is it gets a little tricky to start them in a tree.

Yeah I was inflating it, just got spoiled by the buttons on my huskies and 036. The only thing is it gets a little tricky to start them in a tree.

Probably 95% of the time I drop start a saw but sometimes in close quarters I will put the handle behind a thigh and like the decompressor if it has one. I think it depends a lot on the diameter of the rope spool how hard some saws are to pull. If the compression has been bumped up much it is just a lot nicer to start with the decompressor. The times when you get a kick back when you are doing a drop start and underestimate the pull, does not look very pretty.

Your not wrong! My 7900 has no de-comp, When i started it first time i switched it off and fitted an Elsto-Start before starting it again!
I was gutted when i took off the top cover and there was no hole or plug just a complete casting.

Your not wrong! My 7900 has no de-comp, When i started it first time i switched it off and fitted an Elsto-Start before starting it again!
I was gutted when i took off the top cover and there was no hole or plug just a complete casting.

I have an 044 and if it dont fire right away it loads up and i am 40 ft up and I say oh no here we go. its not a drop start.

Back