New Husqvarna 570 cutting big Cottonwood pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

expy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
New saw on it's first job. I know the 570 gets lukewarm reviews but it worked well today as my first medium sized saw on my first larger tree. 28" bar vs. a 48" plus Cottonwood (at the base).

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

Great job.. I have wondered about the 570 myself.. There was a redmax rebadged 570 that was reasonable on feebay.. I think its just a matter of it being the same weight as a 575 without the extra hp..

Looks like the saw handled everything you threw at it. Hoping to push my new rebuilt 394xp into some oak that size that is down in our creek bottom from the winter storms we had come through a few years back. Should be nice and dry now, I plunge cut into it before this winter and it was all still solid. :D

Thanks all, those rounds gave me a workout rolling them up the ramp (as you can see in the pics I started cutting them thinner :msp_biggrin:) . chrisoppie I ordered those dawgs from Baileys. They do help in the deep bark of a Cottonwood.

Last edited:
By the way... How she do with the 28"? I have it in mind to get a 28" for mine when the job presents it's self. Oaks and maples are the common trees here so I think the skip tooth is the ticket there.

By the way... How she do with the 28"? I have it in mind to get a 28" for mine when the job presents it's self. Oaks and maples are the common trees here so I think the skip tooth is the ticket there.

I will post a video tonight in this thread of it cutting with the 28" buried but remember this is Cottonwood which I think is on the softer side. Oak could be a different story with a 28". I have limited experience with this saw and bar combo but this one job paid for my new 570 and my new 346xp!:clap: (with my 455 Rancher as a trade)

2011-04-30075452.jpg

I like them Dawgs!
I put the Heavy Duty High top cover and filter on mine and retuned it.
Better performance with those long WOT cuts.

Chain is new with 5-6 cuts on it. Does the saw sound like its running lean? Its adjusted to the tab stop.

[video=youtube;v8gB0Xc2NxE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8gB0Xc2NxE[/video]

expy

Man, thats awesome. Im sure that saw is very strong and will do anything you need it too. A good lookin saw too. Congrats man!
Ill rep ya tomorrow.

Ya got a video of you loading up the stump??:msp_smile: That must have been a job.

Nice saws too. I just love my 346,,,the more I use it, the more I like it!

Thanks All, it was an experience to say the least. No video of the stump being loaded but you can see my Expedition, in front of my Dads Nissan, pulling the stump on to the trailer (Dads idea and a great one at that). I'm just a 1 man crew with 3 saws, a Ford Expedition and Dad's two trailers but I'm starting to get enough Tree Removal work to justify more saws........................

Last edited:
Thanks All, it was an experience to say the least. No video of the stump being loaded but you can see my Expedition, in front of my Dads Nissan, pulling the stump on to the trailer (Dads idea and a great one at that). I'm just a 1 man crew with 3 saws, a Ford Expedition and Dad's two trailers but I'm starting to get enough Tree Removal work to justify more saws........................

just bought slightly used 570 last nite... great saw... have full chisel 28", cottonwood is pretty "moist" in sw bc.. cuts as good or better than my old 288xp... need some dogs tho...

Latest posts

Back