New insurance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolbrze

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking into quotes for new insurance for my tree & lco and was wondering who you guys use. What's your policy cover and how much are you paying? Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

I just went through the process last week or so and spent at least 8 hours straight trying to find insurance.

I finally found Peerless Insurance. Go to their site then you search for your local guys. There should be a number of offices in your area. You just have to call all of them.

I finally found a company through peerless that does the Tree Pro program. I am still waiting for the quote, but it is supposed to be a better rate then other tree insurance.

Most of the quotes I got were from $2000 to $8000 (not including the Tree Pro Program). Most policies were for the $500k/$1mill coverage. You can change that as needed.

Hope that helps.

I use West Bend Mutual. I do not know if they offer coverage in your neck of the woods. They were reasonable at $460 to cover property only. I have not insured my saws yet. Now if you need to insure an employee...Ouch. Workmans comp is really expensive for our line of work.

Yeah, there is no way that is for a full year. If it is, you must not be covered very well. One of my first quotes was for $800-900 a year and I called the guy back and told him there must be a mistake. There was and the correct rate was around $1500 per year.

1500 still isnt bad, but you gotta wonder about a place after they gum one up like that right out of the gate....

Yeah, it did make me think. But, I corrected his error and he got the proper quote from the "real" carrier. I just care about getting the proper coverage. The last thing I need is to get sued.

Yeah it is for a year. It only covers damage to the homeowners property up to 1 mil. The deductible is 1k so that helped lower it. The insurance does not cover my equipment or me. What does your insurance for 2k cover?

I think they just figured out a way to get your $460.00. I doubt they would ever pay a claim. They must have you classified as landscaper.

"I doubt they would ever pay a claim. They must have you classified as landscaper."

I think that may be right. My policy covers me and another guy up to a total of $1 million in damage and medical expenses. It says right on page one that our policy is for the "removal of trees and shrubs". This policy costs approx $1400 per year.

I don't think you can have a $1mill policy for $460 doing tree work. I haven't been doing this long, but I just spent two-three weeks on the phone doing insurance research to get us covered so it's fresh in my head.

I guess I better reread the policy. I told the agent twice that I was cutting trees down and the coverage I need is for property damage from a tree. I know I could not afford workmans comp coverage for employees.

I just got my first quote at over $10,000/yr! :dizzy: Coverage:

Genl Aggregate 2,000,000 GLDeductible: 250
Occurrence 1,000,000
Products/Comp Ops Included
Personal && Adv Injury 1,000,000
Fire Damage- Any one Fire 50,000
Medical Payments 5,000

I wasn't given options for the level and type of coverage--company is Atlantic Casualty. My business will be in the NYC metro area.

Latest posts

Back