New MS 180 ran good for 5 minutes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took a few years just to get the bugs worked out of it........My Dealer never wants to see it back again........It runs good now after a nice life on the dealers repair shelf.....

Ok. I've only owned a couple of 335's. I had gotten one quite a few years ago when i started putzing with saws and I could never get it to run right. The second one I got I never touched and ended up sending it to Gary. The general consensus is that they are very tempermental. However, rbtree runs them regularly and seems to like them.

. The general consensus is that they are very tempermental. However, rbtree runs them regularly and seems to like them.

That would explain why I have 3 dead 335's littering my bench.. and he runs the MS200T (and his last remaining working 335..) ;)

In fact I got it from a neighbour brand new since he thought it was too small for his needs. He changed to a MS230 and gave us this one. If I would have bought a new small saw it would probably be a 339XP because of the 0,325". It looks ugly as h**l but what the heck.

Now stop picking on the Troll's favorite saw!!!!! Troll loves the look of that saw.......

:laugh: :laugh: :ices_rofl:

I really like the 339xp, but it is not my favourite saw (MS361 is).

It surely looks a bit odd, but handling is just great - so I forgive the looks.....:jawdrop:

:cheers: :cheers:

Make sure it is a New Edition one, if you consider buying one (the older ones were never offered in the US though).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back