new ms360 chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, I will try that 10 step plan next time I met the Legend again. Step 7 would be my favorite part.:) Not so much on 9.:cry: :cry:

Gotta get back up there soon, needed a blower like yesterday. Hey, you got a 600, betta unlock the dog and watch out! I have been itching to try out my new GPS.:cheers:

Brian,

That BR600 kicks up a good storm. But, I'm not feedin' ole Max as much as I used to, so, I'm sure he'd enjoy a "snack".

Joat

Brian,

That BR600 kicks up a good storm. But, I'm not feedin' ole Max as much as I used to, so, I'm sure he'd enjoy a "snack".

Joat

Hmmm, I will have to stop by da wallmarts on dee way and get sum bones. Milk bone it shall be, me and Max should get along fine. Long enough for me to get into the shed I hope.:cry: :cry:

I will driving the truck for the 600 and SP125. I'll honk when me and Tom get there.:hmm3grin2orange: :phone:

Not true.. the saw in question... MS360...has an optional arctic plate that covers the LOWER postion of the rewind cover...

as for bs.. if it looks like, smells like, tastes like.. walks like, talks like.. then...

Lakester,
Even if it were true, I would not have admitted some familiarity with the "taste". :eek:

Hmmm, I will have to stop by da wallmarts on dee way and get sum bones. Milk bone it shall be, me and Max should get along fine. Long enough for me to get into the shed I hope.:cry: :cry:

I will driving the truck for the 600 and SP125. I'll honk when me and Tom get there.:hmm3grin2orange: :phone:

Brian honks and Tommie quacks. Boy, ole Max, my trusty Boykin Spaniel, will have a "field" day.

LOL, I will try that 10 step plan next time I met the Legend again. Step 7 would be my favorite part.:) Not so much on 9.:cry: :cry:

Gotta get back up there soon, needed a blower like yesterday. Hey, you got a 600, betta unlock the dog and watch out! I have been itching to try out my new GPS.:cheers:

Sniff sniff, someone say they wanted a BR600, hmmmm, let me unlock the backroom and brew me some Folgers.

I only covered the front half of the holes where most of the dirt and saw dust can get in, the back by the handle is not taped up as much. guess I lose the bet. I was just trying to keep the saw nice and clean. thanks for the information.

I wouldn't give up so soon. One cold day I took my Infrared Digital Thermometer to the cylinder of my saw and was having a hard time even getting it up to a decent operating temp. Taping up some of the holes might be a good idea.

Depending on how hard you run your saw, you should be okay. Some of the guys giving advice probably run their saw so dull they're saw is running hotter than yours with tape. LOL!

Hey Joat!!!!!

Brian,

You're not up in Virginny now are ya? Only place I know you can score the tepid Folgers. Oh, I have the secret formula from Tommie.

1. Take "Prospect" into back room.
2. Put 2 heaping scoups of orange Folgers in an old Stihl cup.
3. Heat up some gray water to 103 degrees.
4. Pour tepid gray water into the old Stihl cup.
5. Stir with a freebie Stihl carb adjustment screwdriver.
6. Serve to "prospect".
7. Blah, blah, blah
8. Repeat step 7 for 25 minutes.
9. Ring up sale and say, "Cash or credit?".
10. Go greet a new "prospect".

Joat

Bro,,,, hate to break it to ya but yer not even vaguely close,,,,

In fact its way worse than what ya say,,,,, I spent a couple days piddlin around up there,,,,last spring,,,,
He doesnt even use real coffee,,,:dizzy: its that nappy instant frreeze dried cr@p,,, that comes in a big ol glass jar,,,, then he just uses hot tap water in an iced tea glass and runs it through the microwave for a few seconds and he will sip on that glass for an hour!!!!! :monkey: :monkey: even after its gotten cold,,,,,

Sniff sniff, hmmmm, let me unlock the bathroom and brew me some Folgers.

see what I mean!!!!!!!

Last edited:
couple of more questions

ok, I bought the beer and will admit that I was wrong, but not all the way. my saw still looks like new and runs great so I will take one half the tape off and leave it that way for a while. I got a couple of pm messages that said I should get the muffler cover with the extra hole in it and a high compression oil cap, I have read that the muffler can make a big difference in horsepower but how much does the high compression oil cap make? and do I need to change to high compression oil? will it make maybe another two or three horse power? thanks for all the help

how much does the high compression oil cap make? and do I need to change to high compression oil? will it make maybe another two or three horse power? thanks for all the help

I hope your not serious because if you are your gonna get crucified. :newbie:
Whoever sent you that PM was yanking your chain badly. :sucks:

Last edited:
Brio

To be serious; there's a lot of information on this site that can and will answer a lot of the questions that you may have regarding your saw. Some members have pulled your leg a little in good jest. The muff mod will increase your saws performance and probably its life span. Although, a 2-3 HP gain main be a tad optimistic. You may want to do a little further research and reading on the "high compression oil cap" if you can :) ...but, take a little time and read about all the various aspects and opinions regarding the 361. There are volumes of information posted on this site about it. Have you read that ole owners manual yet? Use the search function and good luck!

In fact its way worse than what ya say,,,,, I spent a couple days piddlin around up there,,,,last spring,,,,
He doesnt even use real coffee,,,:dizzy: its that nappy instant frreeze dried cr@p,,, that comes in a big ol glass jar,,,, then he just uses hot tap water in an iced tea glass and runs it through the microwave for a few seconds and he will sip on that glass for an hour!!!!! :monkey: :monkey: even after its gotten cold,,,,,

see what I mean!!!!!!!

RR,

Thanks for the update. Isn't that just like Tommie? To not follow the directions.

Tommie,

Please print the TF directions and try to go by them.

Joat

OK everybody...come clean...who was it that recommended the ole "High Compression Oil" to Brio? Thall? Lake?...somebody? Com'on now...come clean! :hmm3grin2orange: I gotta get me some of that! Can I get a price check Lake?

OK everybody...come clean...who was it that recommended the ole "High Compression Oil" to Brio? Thall? Lake?...somebody? Com'on now...come clean! :hmm3grin2orange: I gotta get me some of that! Can I get a price check Lake?

Man, when I read that, I fell on the floor.

+1 who said to get the high compression oil cap, LMFAO!!!:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :hmm3grin2orange: :biggrinbounce2:

If you haven't tried, you can't trash it.

I sold 15 this year already. $27 each. Works well with my fuel atomizer. Make the 360 perform like a 460.

RBtree has three of them.

see what I mean!!!!!!!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh River, I don't want Joat to have a clue. I want him scratching his head and going home thinking hmmmmmmmmmmm, that Folgers wasn't bad, wish I could afford another cup,LOLOL

If you haven't tried, you can't trash it.

I sold 15 this year already. $27 each. Works well with my fuel atomizer. Make the 360 perform like a 460.

RBtree has three of them.

Sorry there Lake! I didn't mean to get you all worked up...I just wanted to know who recommended the high compression oil cap. So...if I understand this right...the high compression oil cap along with the fuel atomizer is going to yield me more power? Ok...where did you get the fuel atomizer because I think Brio is definitely going to want to add that to his arsenal. However, to complete the equation, he's going to need some of this high compression oil you guys sell as well.

I feel kinda bad now...here I was going to just recommend that he run STIHL Ultra Synthetic in his saw and keep his oil cap tight. But Brio, you've heard it from the Prophet of Saws himself...the stuff works! Lake, can we get a price check on all three of those items...oh, and IPL numbers would be nice? :popcorn:

Last edited:
Back