New MS660.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL! I like it and I have'nt used it yet.:greenchainsaw: I thought your 660 video was good.:clap:

Yep, I filled my 90 cc gap. I chose the 660 over the 395 only because I wanted to try a Stihl. Besides, the 395 is just a scaled down 3120 and I've got one of those. I did take into consideration: the weight, the looks, good fuel economy, close dealer, close supplier of parts, and good reputation. I felt this model would be best for stump grinding work as well as a firewood saw.

Cool! Thanks for the non biased reply!

He forgot about the vibes, or he just ignored them......:givebeer: :popcorn:

For me, the outboard clutch on the 395xp might make the desision - but I don'tt need a 90+ cc saw anyway.....

Last edited:
What did the new 660 run there, I was checking out a 395 today for $1049 sticker, seemed on par with the 660's in this area.

He forgot about the vibes, or he just ignored them......:givebeer: :popcorn:

For me, the outboard clutch on the 395xp might make the desision - but I don'tt need a 90+ cc saw anyway.....

Needs are discussed in the "off topic" forum. This forum is all about wants.

I believe you have your needs in order Niko, so

Good luck on discovering your wants,

Joat

What did the new 660 run there, I was checking out a 395 today for $1049 sticker, seemed on par with the 660's in this area.
New 660, 24" bar, DPMC, 1 extra chain, $1000 plus tax.

I don't think mine vibrates too much at all. They are chainsaws, after all.
You want no vibes...get someone to do the cutting for you. You'll have achieved zero vibes :cheers: :)

:monkey: :monkey:

People react differently to vibes, you just can't dismiss the issue, even if it doesn't bother you....... :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
:monkey: :monkey:

People react differently to vibes, you just can't dismiss the issue, even if it doesn't bother you....... :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I like the issue..........No problem here.........Saw Troll seems your the one with the issue.......When was the last time you ran one??

Last edited:
Vibration on a serious note would be an old Homelite Super XL, or a 357 Dosko stump grinder. Leather gloves help out a bunch.:chainsaw: :dizzy:

I don't think mine vibrates too much at all. They are chainsaws, after all.
You want no vibes...get someone to do the cutting for you. You'll have achieved zero vibes :cheers: :)

I run both a 066 and 395 and generally prefer my 395 because the 066 has more vibration than I like for extended cutting. 395 runs like a (heavy)swiss watch and I can run it all day long no problem.

Most of my cutting time is spent literally blocking out wood, so I am holding saws while starting accurate cuts. This is when vibration is more an issue, as the weight of the saw and bar are mostly in my hands for a period until well into the cut.

When crosscutting, the vibration on my 066 is not as noticeable as the dogs in the log dampen the vibration. Lately I've run my 066 with my 42inch bar quite a bit crosscutting big logs, and under those conditions vibration is not much a problem although I do run gelpack gloves when using that saw for long periods non stop.

There is something about the 066 that I really like, though. Just isn't the vibration levels.

Now my 7900 dreds, that is a near perfect balance of weight, power and vibration levels when a long bar isn't required.

I like the issue..........No problem here.........Saw Troll seems your the one with the issue.......When was the last time you ran one??

I have serious arthritis in the right hand, and some in the left, and I never ran a 660 - no need for a 90cc saw here, really not for a 70cc either, but........:buttkick:

Just picked up a new 660 last week. Don't need it, it's just too cool not to have. Anyway, got w/ 36" bar for less than $1,000. Felt bad, but I asked to make sure he was OK selling that cheap, cause I know margins are thin on new saws. Probably went low because as usual, he knows it's just the beginning...DP cover, big sprockets, square ground chains, etc. He also probably figure he better get my money before my wife figures out the model # on my saw is different every time she sees it ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back