New Muffler Mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trook

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am considering a muffler mod for my MS361. I have read all 34 pages of the sticky "DIY" muffler mod as well as the 12 pages of Lakeside's muffler mod. I have decided that I prefer the cleaner look of the mod with the huksy parts. The only difference is that I will probably weld the attachment instead of using screws.

Does the longer cylinder shape of the Lakeside's mod actually improve performance over the husky parts, or does this come down to merely personal preference of looks?

attachment.php

If you use the deflector and screen, welding will not allow you to clean the screen if needed. The pipe is a much better mod for the 361 imo.

i used sheet metal screws to attach this deflector to a 262 and i have run the saw for at least 100hrs without them loosening.
agreed about welding---permenant-----brazed or soldered is better if you go that route.

That's all you need.....though Lakeside's trick with the tube and inner shaped screen which has a large surface area is slick. no power gain from tubes versus simple ports has ever been documented.....

Weld on the deflector...he didn't the last time I was at his place to fix my 346 add on deflector. Even with a larger sized screw, one still rattled out.

Just put some loctite, super glue, or a dash of epoxy on the screw and it should not fall out, but still be removable if necessary.

Back