New one on the rainforest......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big daddio

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This one's to follow the ******one on the rainforest deal. This is my take on the whole deal. Yeah, I logged for 20 some plus years, doesn't mean I don't care bout the whole environment thing. Let me tell you my take on things. The people logging on the rainforest, yes the natives, aren't doing it for theirselves, the whole logging operation it financed overseas. Yes, the people of the rainforest aren't making logging wages and selling their logs for profit, they're actually employees of Japanese backed corporations. Yep, the Japanese import almost all their wood from other countries. They say they have forests but why use theirs when other poor countries have timber they can exploit. Sounds a lot like their using research for an excuse for whaling. Yeah, remember the rumors about the factory sawmilling ships picking up logs in the northwest and delivering back to the same place. And back to the rainforest, clearing for farmland doesn't work, cleared land in the rainforest doesn't leave but about 2 inches of topsoil, pretty poor land.
And now back to our America. Where I live, we're losing quite a few acres of valuable forest land a day to strip mining and mountaintop removal due to unwise coal mining. Check it out on the google maps thing. Yeah, let's care about the rainforest but let's take care of our own too.

Thanks tom, i believe we should take care of our forests for our livelyhood and our kids and grandkids too. we're a part of the whole deal too. and we're losing land just about the rainforest rate they talk about all the time.

yellowstone?rainier?meteorite?polar reversal?i do not know how things will go down but i do know get what you can while you can because we are but a spec in time...:cheers::chainsaw:

Last edited:
Back