New pictures of "Babe"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking setup!!!!

Here is the tip of day for you

are you ready?????

Write your name and number on that remote transmitter with the words "Reward for Return" That way when you leave it somewhere a kid will call you instead of keeping it as a toy - you'll thank me oneday!!!

Great setup. Thanks for posting the photos. I already have gotten some ideas for setting up my tool box. One question. What do you use for ramps to load and unload the machine from the trailer? I did not see any ramps.
Jeff

Great setup. Thanks for posting the photos. I already have gotten some ideas for setting up my tool box. One question. What do you use for ramps to load and unload the machine from the trailer? I did not see any ramps.
Jeff

Ramps slide in the back right side of the trailer. Guess that's about the only thing I didn't get pictures of.

I have a toolbox for the truck on the way. Actually, I already got it. It's sitting in my carport but the lid latch is broken and it won't open. They are supposed to send a replacement.

After the toolbox there is only one other thing I am going to get. I'm going to get a rolling/locking bed cover so I can put anything not locked in there in case I need to stop at Wal-mart or where ever.

Edit: In the picture that shows the chain welded to the frame under the license tag, you can see the rails for the ramps.

Last edited:
Write your name and number on that remote transmitter with the words "Reward for Return" That way when you leave it somewhere a kid will call you instead of keeping it as a toy - you'll thank me oneday!!!

Thanks for the tip! I'm getting my label maker out right now.

Great looking professional outfit, very well thought out and placement of everything. I take it all the pictures are for insurance purposes?

Great looking professional outfit, very well thought out and placement of everything. I take it all the pictures are for insurance purposes?

More just for me. I spent all afternoon cleaning the truck/trailer/grinder and wanted some good pictures to remember it all by.

Bigstumps, yes in a very large graveyard ! the contractors had run late with a 60ton crane dismantling the tree, monteray cypress, leaving me a 7'-8' stump about 2' high. What you don't see in pic is a fairly recent childs grave and it was felt it was better to get the job done in one day so not to cause any upset to parents of the child. On a lighter note, on that same job a few days earlier I took a phone call and as I was talking I put down the remote on a grave stone and walked away from it - it took over 20mins to find again ! I had carried on walking in a big circle as talking that taught me a lesson !

B edwards, you like my carving ? if only ! that was on a job a few weeks ago in Manchester England. About 2000 mature poplar trees were felled to prevent a virus spreading in the city's parks. I did almost 400 3' -4' stumps in 12 days and that was in the last park. a local guy had done about 8 carvings, owl, eagle, hedgehog etc they were fantastic only thing was some of the locals thought I was going to grind the carvings !

Here's some more "in-action" pictures from recent days.

2008-06-20003.jpg

2008-06-20004.jpg

2008-06-20006.jpg

2008-06-20005.jpg

2008-06-20008.jpg

2008-06-20007.jpg

2008-06-20010.jpg

2008-06-20009.jpg

I burned through 17 gallons of fuel that day in 8 hours. I did several large blow-overs and had the engine loaded down pretty good digging in that dirt.

Last edited:
From today:

2008-06-23001.jpg

Bird's eye view. Got to grind from the kids playhouse. :)
2008-06-23003.jpg

2008-06-23004.jpg

It's SOOO dusty right now. I guess tomorrow is bath, grease, and change out teeth day for Babe.

Last edited:
An awesome machine, In the one pic it looks as if there was tornado damage.

The last 4 days of grinding have all been from a tornado we had about 2.5 months ago. Still lots of damage around. I went door knocking and picked up about 10 hours of work.

edit: Every picture on here is from tornado damage.

Now that was a big stump. We don't see many like that around here.
Believe it or not, I actually did one about that size with my 1625 Rayco. It took me almost 7 hours. I bet your diesel did that one a lot quicker.
Jeff

Hey Scott,

I am having fun with my 7015 also. Wireless remote is great espcially with the dry dusty condition we have over here now. Put about 5hrs of grinding on her so far. Boy does it go through stump like nothing. Well worth it. I did a job today 7 large silver Maple stumps that would of took atleast 8hrs of grinding with the Vermeer and we were in and out in under 3hrs. It was hard for me to justify the purchase of a near $40,000 stump grinder, but the increased production appears to make it all worth it.

Hey have you checked your belts? I want to keep mine adjusted properly because I hear the ribbed belt is around $600 to replace and I dont really understand the operator's manual. Something about an acoutsic meter to measure tension. Any thoughts?

I just ordered from Carlton direct a few spare fuel filters, air filters and oil filters to keep up on maintenance.

Back