new question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawjunky

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This may be a simple question for all you guys out there but I have a 044 and I've seen people talking about their 440 or 044 with a 046 top end and I was wondering what that meant. I'm in the process of rebuilding it so I was wondering if it would be something I could do to mine. :newbie:

Evan

This may be a simple question for all you guys out there but I have a 044 and I've seen people talking about their 440 or 044 with a 046 top end and I was wondering what that meant. I'm in the process of rebuilding it so I was wondering if it would be something I could do to mine. :newbie:

Evan

Using the piston and cylinder from a 046/460.....I've never done it...But I've heard of it..Welcome to AS:clap:

It can be done but the 460 cylinder has to be machined to fit on the 044 crankcase. Supposedly it is a nice setup when ported - a lot of power in a relatively light package.

Uhhhhh. Never mind then. I don't know how to machine(or have the tools) and I don't have any friends that do either. Guess ill go with a BB044 if it fits. By the way, anyone know where I can find the serial number to see if a BB will fit? Thanks. Evan

Uhhhhh. Never mind then. I don't know how to machine(or have the tools) and I don't have any friends that do either. Guess ill go with a BB044 if it fits. By the way, anyone know where I can find the serial number to see if a BB will fit? Thanks. Evan

There is a little flat spot just behind the inner dog on the case. It is stamped into there. It likely needs to be wiped off of the sawdust and crud that has accumulated though.

Latest posts

Back