New saw today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crmyers

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
One of my friends brought me a 575xp that he bought new. He said the thing has not run right since he bought it. He has had it back to the dealer twice and to other shops with no success. He had removed the limiter caps on the carb and the dealer told him his warranty was voided. He tells me if you can fix its yours, hot damn. Saw has good compression, blue spark so must be fuel related. I pulled the carb and started to disassemble it, got the metering side cover off and bang, I see the problem. The diaphragm and gasket are reversed. I put them back in the right order and she runs like a dream. I can't believe all those service techs missed something that simple.
:cheers:

Good deal on that one. They may have never looked in there to see what was wrong with it. Some of these shops nowadays don't impress me to much.

I know you'll like it they run out good and strong. You put that strapping young lad on that one and he'll have the whole hood cleared in no time. Good luck and saw safe.
Joe

Can not believe I am willing to openly admit it but I have reversed those myself. On the first few you rebuild, that is okay. I bet I have rebuilt 50+ carbs and still find myself installing the parts backwards.

congratulations!! :biggrinbounce2:

So you won't be offering him it back then? lol!! :laugh::D

I bought a 028 Super off of CL that started and idled OK but at WOT it would stall and then run up again. The previous owner didn't mention he'd attempted a carb rebuilt. He left out a part. I rebuilt the carb and discovered the part was missing, it now starts and runs with no more than 3 pulls. Sometimes with 1 pull. Love it.

Can not believe I am willing to openly admit it but I have reversed those myself. On the first few you rebuild, that is okay. I bet I have rebuilt 50+ carbs and still find myself installing the parts backwards.

+1 :D

There is some 'knee jerk' reaction to the order of diaphragm and gasket that makes one put them on wrong and have to go back when it don't run right.

Nice job! Am I the only one that has Fish's posts stuck in there head when going over a carb? LOL "Verify that the passage is clear......" etc. :cheers:

One of my friends brought me a 575xp that he bought new. He said the thing has not run right since he bought it. He has had it back to the dealer twice and to other shops with no success. He had removed the limiter caps on the carb and the dealer told him his warranty was voided. He tells me if you can fix its yours, hot damn. Saw has good compression, blue spark so must be fuel related. I pulled the carb and started to disassemble it, got the metering side cover off and bang, I see the problem. The diaphragm and gasket are reversed. I put them back in the right order and she runs like a dream. I can't believe all those service techs missed something that simple.
:cheers:

He should go chew that dealer a new one.

Latest posts

Back