new silky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke montelius

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a new Silky.....hope its as good as they say it is, around here. It was 5.3 times more costly than replacing my old balde. What kind of hand saw do you use?

yeah, Silky...

attachment.php

wow

Is that your personal stock? my curent saws and scabard is mostly junk. I usualy keep a new corona blade around, for 15$ you cant go wrong.?
Well I'm stepin up to that new sugoi,and we shall see.

MB: the tips hook thingie has a blade on it, good for wee branches, BAD for ropes...

It is my stash, I sell them too so I dont actually use that many saws. I am waiting for a couple sugois, one for me :) When I buy from the wholesaler I buy a bunch at once then try to resell here and there. I have a few aquaintances that I sell to and a few on Ebay and such. I normally have a zubat or ibuki with me, a pole saw - zubat 15ft or nobita 6 ft and my felco pruners. depends on what I am doing, I have a few older ones that I use for cutting roots and such.

Originally posted by MasterBlaster
I can do without that rounded over tip, I tell ya what! :blob2:
MB I dunno why you hate them tips; I luvz em.

Nothin more frustratin than pullin yer saw out of a cut; waste of time reguiding it.

I go back and forth between the corona and the zubat. how is the sugoi different, Paul?

Originally posted by netree
The tip can come in handy for pulling and tossing small stuff, fetching yer line, etc.

And Pulling/Slashing thru Vines. :blob2:

The only Corona I like comes in a bottle and is imported from Mexico. Silky is the way to go. I even cary a super excel in my hunting pack great for quartering out an elk or clearing branches for fields of fire.

Kenn:D

I have been a Silky fan for a few years now, so far have piled up Hyauchi, Zubat (pole saws) Gomboy, Ibuki, Masuru, and a Gunman. Also have 2 Kanzawa's and I like them a little better than the Silky Zubat.

I Hate the zubat nowadays because of the stupid scabbard, and thatb they expect us to buy the improved replacement scabbard.

I do like the hi-vis color of that new one, you should be able to see it well when dropped, except in the fall maybe.

All of the Silky scabbards seem like a mean trick, I wonder what they were thinking about. The scabbard that originally came with the Ibuki was straight, the saw is curved. I'm no engineer but one can see how that was problematic.

I just use an old leather scabbard for the zubat. Grew frustrated with the plastic ones as well.

I keep my scabbard towards the back, so I tend to cut the dickens out of the leather and rubberized ones, they last shorter then the plastic breakaway silky crap.

If these new ones fit my leg, I may buy one since i have 2 zubat now (when the scres locked up it took months and a call from a vendor to get Wall to get me a new saw, sans scabbard. First they just sent me new screws. My kvetching is what got the slotting on both sides of the screw assembly)

Now if they would make a Hauyachi blade for a Marvin pole head....

Back