New Stihl 031 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabby

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
The handle on my Stihl 031's does not have the rubber on them anymore. Does anyone know where you can buy that rubber tubing material that is on them? Reason I ask is because I am going to mint out at least one of the two saws if not both of them and I want that factory new look for the handle. Thanks.

You could use that rubber dip they use on tool handles(at any hardware store) or go to an electrical supply house and they have some thick shrink tubing.Either one would give you a factory appearance.

You can get the correct covering from stihl, but you need to put it on with a compressor and start with a length much longer then you need. I published a thread a while back on how to do this, but can't find it.

Most heatshrink isn't UV resistant. You might try one of the truck deck rhino-coat like products.

I used a piece of 3/4 heater hose years ago, it's Stihl on there - Tight fit, had to WD40 it, but it finally went.

I just found some black 1" hose (not 3/4") and it fit nice and tight. Sprayed some PB Blaster on it and slid it on. Was not easy though. Looks pretty good if I do say so myself. :clap:

Did the heater hose trick to my 041 the other week.Sure beats the heck out of running with bare metal.

Latest posts

Back