Stihl 031 flywheel assembly parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, brand new on here and happy to say this forum is an amazing resource.
I’m rebuilding a Stihl 031 and I’m in desperate need of flywheel pawls and springs. These parts are proving to be hard to find up here in BC, by chance does anyone have a lead on them here in Canada?
Cheers!

Hey everyone, brand new on here and happy to say this forum is an amazing resource.
I’m rebuilding a Stihl 031 and I’m in desperate need of flywheel pawls and springs. These parts are proving to be hard to find up here in BC, by chance does anyone have a lead on them here in Canada?
Cheers!
Will check the pts boxes…if not a local friend will have some.

does 032 stuff work?
part saw here
in bc
Unfortunately not, the 32’s had been changed that year to an external pawl set up on the recoil cover like most newer saws. The 30’s and 31’s had the old style pawl setup attached to the flywheel inboard on the saw… but thanks for reaching out, I appreciate the help.

Well, nothing in my box. I think I sent all the old Stihl sm parts to https://www.arboristsite.com/members/hdtoolmkr765.124220/
He probably has some as there were a bunch of misc pals and springs in that bunch.

He's been laid up after knee surgery and hasn't even opened the box :p

My friend here just got out of knee surgery, lol

Seems to be a trend

Back