New Stihl 088...will trade for Husky 3120xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigUglySquirrel

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey fellas-

Boss recently purchased an 088 (880...whatever) Stock saw. ZERO mods. I believe it has a 40" bar on it. (Don't hold me to that..I'll find out for certain today) Has been run for a few months and he absolutley hates it. Wanted a 3120 in the first place, but couldn't wait for it to get shipped in. Opted for the Stihl. Will gladly trade the whole setup to someone who has a 3120XP in same condition. Please...no ragged out saws. No "parts" saws. This is a brand new saw that has been used over the last few months by professionals. We use nothing but high octane and Stihl High Performance 2 stroke mix. (50:1 ratio) We use Stihl bar oil. There is NOTHING wrong with this saw. We need a stock or very gently modified saw that will work all day, everyday without issue. I'm not sure if they do, but if the bar/chain on the Stihl is interachangable w/the Husky this trade would be for the powerhead only. Otherwise, bar/chain should be of comparable size/condition. Thanks!!!

Chris Lucas
937-260-2685

BigUglySquirrel said:
Hey fellas-

Boss recently purchased an 088 (880...whatever) This is a brand new saw that has been used over the last few months by professionals.
So, which part of this statement is accurate? If it's "brand new," then it hasn't been "used over the last few months by professionals," has it? :)

BigUglySquirrel said:
Hey fellas-
There is NOTHING wrong with this saw. We need a stock or very gently modified saw that will work all day, everyday without issue.

This is a little contradictory too. ;)

Clear it up a bit....

Ok-
Made a few oversights in my post...you guys are like vultures! :) Let's clear up the first boo-boo:

The saw was PURCHASED brand new a few months ago and has been used professionally for the last few months. Saw was purchased from an authorized Stihl dealer.

Much better. On to number two:

The 088 that we have for trade has nothing wrong with it. It's a stock saw (right down to the 404 chain) Owner just expected alot more from this big of a saw. He said that he would be willing to trade the 088 mentioned above for a stock or mildly modded (3/8" chain, muffler) 3120xp. He doesn't want some alky-injected, skip-chain, nitrous-in-a-backpack, 50,000rpm race saw. He needs something that is in the condition to run everyday without giving him issues.

Hope I cleared it all up for you guys. Sorry for the confusion!

Chris

Chris , like I said switch it over to 3/8's , it does not cost much and is very easy to do, Hunter has an 088 but it is ported and runs a 48 inch bar with 3/8's and it runs great

I also run a 54" bar with 3/8. Works very good.
If you want that saw to come alive, Send it to EHP. You wont believe its your saw when you get it back.
Hunter

Back