New Stihl EDT9 tach just came in.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an EDT 9 and its not something i recommend. It sometimes wont read stihl limited coils, even on same models just different machines. Its refresh rate is slow, screen small, very very weak inductive pick up. Get something else, anything is better than these. I took mine to the shop and the engine that it wouldnt read the limiting coil and the one it would. The techs got their edt9's out and had the exact same thing, all of them read one coil but not the other. I use my oppama at any given opportunity.
It comes with alligator clips. Those are what I use. No issues reading coils.

I have an EDT 9 and its not something i recommend. It sometimes wont read stihl limited coils, even on same models just different machines. Its refresh rate is slow, screen small, very very weak inductive pick up. Get something else, anything is better than these. I took mine to the shop and the engine that it wouldnt read the limiting coil and the one it would. The techs got their edt9's out and had the exact same thing, all of them read one coil but not the other. I use my oppama at any given opportunity.
So what would you recommend over the EDT 9?

So what would you recommend over the EDT 9?
I had no recommendation. I own and use the Stihl product. I merely was telling you and everyone else what I do to be happy with the tach. I feel like I geta good reading 100% of the time with the cable/clips. I not a fan of wireless anything, cellphones are the exception because it is necessary it be wireless.

Latest posts

Back