New Stihl FS 250 Trimmer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
strimmershaft.jpg

Forgot to mention Pad the shaft where it contacts your leg, They can wear through! You can see in the pic where its worn through the tape.

So far I only have about 4 hours with this thing but I love it. Am definitely going with the large diameter line the next time I use her.

Funny how my wife gets me a tool for either my birthday or Christmas and I'm a happy camper. Got her a vacuum once for her birthday...... Only once. Oh well, I guess its another example of the difference in sexes.:clap::clap::clap:

Fs 250

I bought a new FS 250 a few months ago, and finally started using it recently. I put 105 thousandths line on it, it literally destroys what it hacks at. I had a Shindaiwa C-35 for years, could not keep the carb adjusted, powewrful and nice trimmer, but not a 250. Glad I chose it.

I can't understand how you can use that small machines to trim grass.
The smallest I would consider would be a FS450 / FS480 /345 RX. I hope you are not in a hurry.

I like my FS200, same mashine as the 250 - with 4 less cc, and the same power rating. I believe the 250 is sort of an EPA version of the ol' 200 (discontinued here last year).

fs 250 brush cutter

i am 6 or 7 yrs on my second 250. i tune up. used mostly on fence lines cutting one to two inch yaupon. no recoil problems. i use mostly the 3 point metal brush cutter blade.

the bike handle makes ,it easy to control, good luck

Looks like Sawtroll and Andy are only small beer on the number of posts front compared to rwatson22!

I like my FS200, same mashine as the 250 - with 4 less cc, and the same power rating. I believe the 250 is sort of an EPA version of the ol' 200 (discontinued here last year).

Run a 200 side by side with a 250 and you will notice the 250 has more torque.
Same HP more CCs should be a less stressed engine:)

I have a FS90R and would like to add a bigger machine.

If you where mostly going to use it with a saw blade.
Would you buy FS130 or FS250 ?

Thanks,
TT

I've had an FS110R for a couple of years now, love the low end torque and it can run forever on a tank of fuel. Just got around to adjusting the valves, but they weren't out of spec and compression is still good.

I like to take the guard off my weedeaters so I can get the string out longer, and you can really do this with a big one. Just picked up an FS250 last week and can't wait to get into some thick stuff; the 110 was impressive so I'm sure this thing will blow me away.

If you think you may ever want an FS250, go ahead and try to get one. There are rumors that they may not be around much longer and they sure as heck are hard to find. I found one from a guy who didn't really know what he had, it just needed a bit of carb work and i took it for less than $100!!!

I had poly blade cutters on gas trimer and after about a year the drive shaft snaped in half
it was not a stihl trimmer
fs 550 are freakin awsome man i want one

Congradulations on your present. :cheers:
I have the FS130R and like it but the next one will be a FS250 Bike Handle. I have a Polycut head on mine now and it works great in most grass and I have the 3 blade brush knife for heavier work. The only problem I have had with the Polycut was losing the bolts out of it that hold the blades in. Check them everytime before you use it and make sure they are tight.

blast from the past question

anyone know where to buy

Windsor Sandvik 300mm Heavy Duty Shredder Blade with 1" Arbor WF

Bailey's had them 2 plus years ago (no longer though) they're amazing blades I'hoping to find an buy 6-8 of them for my 250R an 550

anyone know where to buy

Windsor Sandvik 300mm Heavy Duty Shredder Blade with 1" Arbor WF

Bailey's had them 2 plus years ago (no longer though) they're amazing blades I'hoping to find an buy 6-8 of them for my 250R an 550

Got a couple from them not long ago, are ya sure they are out?
Bailey's - Windsor 300mm Shredder Blade with 3/4" Arbor

They have the 3/4" version listed but have "Also available with 1" arbors in either 3mm thickness or 4mm for medium and large capacity machines." under the description.

We use the crap outta the shredder blades, and if they get discontinued I dunno what we are gonna do, as nothin else works as well for our use.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

thank you Dingeryote

Your right once you use one these blade you'll wonder how you ever did without. my 250 is unbelievible with a shredder blade, my 550 should be illegal with a shredder blade. chainsaw helmet, goggles, are mandatory

2 an a half years ago a bought 8 from Bailey's. I shoulda bought 30-40 (for a lifetime supply)

being Mr Nice Guy a gave 5 away. (never again).

someone will have viable place to buy more. (hopefully) I have called Bailey's quite a few times. No Dice

Last edited:
I wouldn't know what to do without my fs250R with the D handle.Had a 1 acre lot with creek rock all over it from having stumps grubbed off of it.A lawn mower was out of the question.I mowed it several times with my Husky 326 LX. It just couldn't handle it and was wearing me out in the process.I went to the stihl shop and Picked up a New FS250 and have never looked back.I tried the poly blades but it just got too expensive.I switched to the Biggest stihl Head that they sell and modified it to run .130 Black Line.I rarely have to refill it.My Old husky was reliable and I finally wore it out so I picked up a Tanaka TBC-340 with the Bicycle handlebars but wound up converting it over to the Loop handle.The Handlebars was just too much with all of the equipment I carry.

Last edited:
thank you Dingeryote

Your right once you use one these blade you'll wonder how you ever did without. my 250 is unbelievible with a shredder blade, my 550 should be illegal with a shredder blade. chainsaw helmet, goggles, are mandatory

2 an a half years ago a bought 8 from Bailey's. I shoulda bought 30-40 (for a lifetime supply)

being Mr Nice Guy a gave 5 away. (never again).

someone will have viable place to buy more. (hopefully) I have called Bailey's quite a few times. No Dice

Austin,

Heads up on the PM.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Back