new stump grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattgus5

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
A few months ago I posted my first time here. I asked a question about brands, makes and models of stump girnders were good. Well,I just picked up a Rayco RG1631 last week. So far its really good. Just today I completed a job consisting of 23 stumps in just one yard! One of the stumps was in a walkway of only 4 ft wide, and to get to it, I had to use planks to get up the stairs. There was a stockade fence on either side, too. Thanks to the narrow design of the Rayco (if you have the dual wheel option, you can easily remove a wheel on each side to make it more narrow), I was able to get to this stump with ease. i just want to say thanks to those who help steer me in the right direction on which stumper to buy.

you got you bearing problems sorted Dadatwins...best of luck with your new machine mattgus5

ROLLACOSTA said:
you got you bearing problems sorted Dadatwins

I am still sorting out bearing issue, talked to a few bearing manufactures just working on getting specs right.

Great company.

Dada, I do believe our grinder uses roller bearings (the box says roller, aint checked yet). We just got a few grand in parts in, from the factory.

Made me thing :confused:

Lumberjack said:
Great company.

Dada, I do believe our grinder uses roller bearings (the box says roller, aint checked yet). We just got a few grand in parts in, from the factory.

Made me thing :confused:

Larger Rayco, from RG-50 and up use a tapered roller, not sure about 1631A have not been close enough to check it out. Talked to parent company of Sealmaster / Browning and they are working on trying to find a suitable replacement for my NP-24. They agree that a ball bearing type is NOT the best application for a stump grinding environment. Trying to find a tapered roller that can fit without major modifications to machine. Rayco has been no help on this issue, my only complaint with the company.

DADA Now you would think Rayco would have been keen to here about your complaint,customer feed back and all that :dizzy: ...Rayco uk is as a dead loss ,he couldn't even be assed to arange a demonstration for me , i wanted a demo of the rg 50 :cry: ,and he told me flatly he will not take my 2001 vermeer 252 with only 450 hours , in part exchange..god knows how he [the boss/salesman]would deal with warrenty work ,he dosen't get into the office untill 10.30 am lol

Looks like i will after all be getting the vermeer 352, i had another demo and it kind of grew on me ,vermeer parts and service are second to none over here just what you need in case of breakdowns , i get the machine on monday :) when you need a machine or parts its no good haveing to wait months i have some big stumps to grind out next week ,when i need something ,it was usually needed yesterday!..They don't seem to grasp that very well over here.

Latest posts

Back