New to me 031AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I cleaned the bar and chain that b1rdman threw in...It is a 18 inch Windsor speed tip...i installed said bar and chain and fired up the saw to check if it is oiling and it ran for 1 min or so then gurgled to a stop and now wont start.... Was at Walmart and picked up the wrong plug.. What should I look at first the piston...

More later.....

Clean the plug, and try to restart it. I bet it is flooded. If you think it is, put one knee on top of the saw and pull it over while holding it wide open. That will dry the cylinder. It may start on the 10th or 20th pull or so if it is flooded.

Ok so I cleaned the bar and chain that b1rdman threw in...It is a 18 inch Windsor speed tip...i installed said bar and chain and fired up the saw to check if it is oiling and it ran for 1 min or so then gurgled to a stop and now wont start.... Was at Walmart and picked up the wrong plug.. What should I look at first the piston...

More later.....

Well that's a problem for starters; no self-respecting saw would want to run with anything from Wal-Mart inside it! But seriously, if it IS the wrong plug, it might run until the engine's hot, at which point the plug might be operating outside its heat range and quit giving you spark. And, lack of spark inevitably leads to a flooded engine.

I never installed the plug...

It will start and run for a few seconds if you play with the throttle I can get it to open up but it still stalls .. I noticed some gas leaking out the air filter so I gave it a good look. Looks like the fuel line may be leaking.. So I pulled the top off and I am replacing the fuel lines from the filter to the carb...I went ahead and pulled the muffler piston still looks like new..:greenchainsaw:

Anyway back to the shop...O and thanks....

Here is what I found..

The hose part#1113 358 7700 from tank to filter was a cheap no good :censored:

It looked new but was very flimsy. At some point the old gas left in the take got sticky so much so that if I squeezed the hose together it would stick together for 10 or so seconds....

Anyway runs good considering I have not tuned the carb....

It will be a few days before I can run by the dealer to have it set up so I can put it in some wood....

Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

Ok folks I need some more help.....

Took the saw to my FIL to show him and I could not get it to start..So I was messing with it today and found it will run if I pour gas in the cylinder but it wont run off the carb???

Next it seems to be leaking bar oil out the oil adjustment screw at a alarming rate..Is there a fix for this???

Thanks..........

Took the saw to my FIL to show him and I could not get it to start..So I was messing with it today and found it will run if I pour gas in the cylinder but it wont run off the carb???

Next it seems to be leaking bar oil out the oil adjustment screw at a alarming rate..Is there a fix for this???

Thanks..........

What is your L screw on the carb at? Should only be about 1 turn out.

Thanks for the info... I was hoping for just what you said. They do make long hex head wrenches but they cost more then I have in the saw...
QUOTE]

:hmm3grin2orange: That's why I gave up on that project!

Still thinking about painting the muffler...

I still have a muff coming your way...just haven't had time to drop it in the mail.

Thanks..........

Did the carb come from NH?

I would be highly suspect of that carb if it did.

Hey b1rdman you get a buck yet or did you tell me you were after a doe????

I let it set for a while today and went to look for the bar oil leak and it appears to be coming from the case seal/gasket.. So does this mean I have to split the case????

It is the oilier adjustment screw...It just turns around and around... Will swap the oilier out tomorrow after work.....

So will I be able to get the oilier gasket 1117-649-1100 from the dealer???

Back