New to me used splitter rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoman3b

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Scored this custom unit off craigslist for 100 bucks, has a newer 4.5x24 cylinder. The lift is hydraulic operated, axle is off a old chevy front end, bumper is off a chrysler and it has a datson 4 cylinder with a backhoe pump on it. The pump looks to be leaking and the motor is siezed up and probably not worth messing with so I just bought a 6.5hp motor and 11gpm 2 stage pump. Will be doing so chopping and rearranging but was pretty stoked to get her up and running! No more lifting heavy ass logs into the truck

40873_1487601584811_1077085736_1415214_2684480_n.jpg

39819_1487601504809_1077085736_1415213_7137054_n.jpg

untitled.jpg

That things got "you might be a redneck if......" written all over it!

Seriously though, nice score for a hundred bucks. Strip the entire powerplant & plumbing nightmare off of it, replace with your new parts and you should be good to go for many years.

Got all the old parts off, went with a 6.5 HF engine, and a 11gpm haldex pump. Works great cycle time seems just as fast as my buddys 28 ton speeco splitter if not a little faster. Log hoist/lift works great now I just gotta make or buy some tongs. Here's pics of the first log some chinese elm

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

awsome

that thing looks nice. like the new blue motor. how big is that beam looks huge it will never bend.

nice! i hope you have those wheels chocked because i would be leary about that jack stand tipping. no need to loose some toes if you get an uneven load on that boom. ok rant off

i am really digging that boom, that looks like it would be super handy for all kinds of stuff.

Yeah Both wheels have angle iron infront of them and I dont think I'll use the boom without having it hooked to my truck. Gotta figure out a jack for the front but I'm still deciding wither or not to extend the coupler to make room for a log table.

Back