New to me XL-12

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
texican65

texican65

ArboristSite Operative
Man....she looks sweet! I found one at a yard sale last year for $40....I offered the man $30 and he told me to take a hike. I came back 10 minutes later to give him 40 and it was gone. I shoulda bought it. I'm jealous but happy for ya good buddy! Let us know how she cuts.

Dow

Sty57

Sty57

Tree Freak
Ok I need a little help now.
I took the drum off to see if I can get a new one and this what I found.

jututyqy.jpg

Now can anyone tell me the part number for new shoes and is there a drum that is easily found. Or can I convert it to a rim setup.
I am not going to use this saw a lot but I like to be able to keep it going for as long as I can.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

a. palmer jr.
I have seen they changed the clutch and drum a few times over the years so I don't know what I got, or what to replace it with.

About any shop that's been in business will have a used one they'll sell you. If not, you can find them most times on ebay. I think the XL12 and Super XL and several others use the same clutch. I'd buy the whole clutch rather than trying to find a shoe, especially a new one that isn't worn down to match the others. Shouldn't be hard to find at all.

Sty57

Sty57

Tree Freak
Thanks...that's what I was thinking. I have one shop in town that has been around a long time, I am going to stop there next week and see what they got.