New to milling, new to lt 30 woodmizer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mdotis;3512135=QUOTE said:
It had been sitting out in the weather un-used for at least 5 years. We were very impressed with how well the mill was working after the years of niglect. I will take a good look at the guides my guess is that they are bad or going bad. Get some new ones and give them a try. If that does not improve the issue then I may give woodmizer a call and see if they will send the tech out. That really does sound like the best idea and for the money it seems like a very good value. Thanks again for all the help. We will keep at it until we get it right.

You may have found your own problem by yourself. I've replaced my guides in the past, along with the two sealed bearings in each of them. The back parts of the guides have a raised edge that gets worn down with time and the blade will walk right off the back edge. I've had the guides that were fine but the bearing seized up and the guide couldn't turn. I'm thinking that the water injection plays a big part of this problem or perhaps my concoction of water additives. I have tried Woodmizers ceramic blocks but I went back to the rollers and never used the ceramic type again. I really haven't seen the blocks on their website lately so perhaps they didn't work out as expected. If there is ever a question about your machine - just PM me and perhaps with the little experiences I've had, we can solve the problem

Take care and good luck!

Latest posts

Back