New to the forum and New Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U will learn there are several good saw builders on this website, including Brad (blsnelling) and Randy (MasterMind).

Your post was funny, due to it's innocence!

Brad was displaying some of his own work!

How much does a good port job run? I may need one to cut firewood.

is that saw mastermind?
No. I built it.

I dont care who you are... that was funny.:ices_rofl:

Seems I read somewhere that the Wiggs was hankering for a 600p (maybe 620) saying he thought there was some potential in the saw. Pretty sure I read that. o_O Maybe Im wrong though..

need some help if any of the tuning gurus want to step in....I am trying to tune the saw but have never actually tuned a chainsaw before. I have read a bunch of threads and watched many youtube clips but it all sounds the same to me.

Of the two adjustment screws on the carb the one closest to the rear handle was set all the way down. The restriction tabs had not been broken off and it had not been messed with before, i am just trying to figure out a ballpark setting for how many turns I should make when adjusting that rear screw. The saw also seemed to have good throttle response from the minor tweaks I have made and idle sounds similar to what I have seen in the vids, but in the wood it seemed to bog a little.

Also what is the best recommended method to get that stock tubing out of the muffler? Deflector plate and screen have already been modded.

Yikes. Looks like the BB kit for me then.
You'd be better served with either of the 2 mentioned above doing their work: you've already got a saw for less that 1/2 retail of a new one.
Strongly consider those 2 and TLandrum

Ambull01 is not the O.P.
he has a Makita/Dolmar 6400 or 6401 not sure which one.
I bet the saw porters could do some real majic with a big Dolmar.
My stock 7900 puts a hug grin on my face when I fire it up.
I can't imagine how one that was tuned up would run.

back under my rock the chew on my bar of soap!:wtf:

Woah there, how did you remember I have a Makita? It's a crappy muffler 6421. Should have shopped around for a 7900, looks so much better in red vs this girly blue. Think the best thing to do is: buy the 79cc OEM P&C kit and try not to screw anything up installing. Run that for a bit until I get bored of the power. Then send it to blsnelling since I've watched his saw tuning videos over and over again trying to tune my saw.

What the hell does that last sentence mean?

As far as tuning goes......at the top of this page or page two if this post ends up on page 3 is a comment by blsnelling and at the bottom of his sig is a link on saw tuning.
Use that.

Thanks for pointing this out. I didn't see the links, they are very helpful plan on giving it another go this weekend. I would do it today but I don't want to piss the new neighbors off on the holidays ha!

Ambull01 is not the O.P.
he has a Makita/Dolmar 6400 or 6401 not sure which one.
I bet the saw porters could do some real majic with a big Dolmar.
My stock 7900 puts a hug grin on my face when I fire it up.
I can't imagine how one that was tuned up would run.

back under my rock the chew on my bar of soap!:wtf:
Everything I've read about the BB kits says don't.

I was simply recommending someone to spend their money wisely.

Thank You

Back