New use for my lawn tractor, and pics of my new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duramax hd

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So I found a new use for my JD 445 lawn tractor...its my new wheelbarrow. My father passed this tractor down to me when I bought my house. He found himself a nice 425 all wheel steer, and figured as its the same platform, we could share implements. That didnt last long though. He wanted a plow and snow blower for his driveway and sidewalk, so I was plow'less. One storm with a walk behind snow blower and I was on craiglist hunting for a blade. Came across this blade with a shovel attachment and figured what the hell the setup was cheap enough, so even if the shovel is useless, I was pretty much getting it for free! ($750 accessory from JD) Well I still need to aquire a piston to actuate the shovel, but in the mean time, I figured it would make a pretty sweet firewood hauler. I love finding new uses for equipment.
445 shovel.jpg445 working.jpg
Just bought myself a new (to me) saw from a member on here. 576XP with less than a tank of fuel through it. Just got it on friday, and the weather was not the best this weekend so I havent gotten more then a few test cuts with it but man is it freakin awesome. Wearing a 24" now from my 562, waiting on my 28" husky bar to show up and should wear that most of the time. My first "big" saw. Got a 28" coming for the 038mag and going to retire her to my new stumping saw.
576 new.jpgsaws.jpg

Those 445 and the 455 are the go-to for tractors. My ex boss had both and my crew would mow his lawn like 25 hours per week. The 455 took half as much fuel but both had more than enough power. I like the bolt on attachments for the plow. Good Idea!! Thanks for posting.

How does that 576 compare to the 562

Thanks fellas. As far as the 576 goes, I honestly haven't cut more than 3 test cuts with it on a soft maple log 16-18" diameter. The thing ripped though and I did notice that it was pretty damn smooth. One huge difference is weight though. That 76 is a beast. I'm not sure if I would call It bulky, but it has a pretty big feel to it compared to the 562. I'll say this, I could work all day on the 562 and not get fatigue, but I feel like working a big log with the 576 I would. Maybe not, but that was my initial opininion on it. Its going to be my 2 saw plan for a while though I'll tell you that. I'll report back after I get some more cut with it though. If you are hesitant on pulling the trigger on one, I'd go for it. It's awesome.

Latest posts

Back